|November 22, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||TRANSY||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.296 (16-54)||.467 (28-60)|
|3P FG Percentage||.281 (9-32)||.290 (9-31)|
|FT Percentage||.880 (22-25)||.429 (9-21)|
Tim Bickel - 1
SMITH - 1
BRAMMEIER - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The The Lipscomb men’s basketball returns home to host Transylvania on Saturday night at Allen Arena at 6:30 p.m.
The last time the two schools met in 1976 Gerald Ford sat behind the desk of the oval office at the White House and the cost of a gallon of gas was $.59
The Pioneers and Bisons have met at least 21 times with Transylvania owning a 17-4 advantage including eight of the last nine.
Naismith Hall of Famer C.M. Newton had a big hand in that coaching the Pioneers on three different occasions between 1951 and 1968 when he left to take the head coaching job at Alabama.
The contest is set to air on ESPN3 and via the WatchESPN app with Jonathan and Justin Seamon calling all the action from Don Meyer Court. Tickets can be purchased online at http://www.LipscombTickets.com
- Sophomore guard Josh Williams earned his first Atlantic Sun Conference Player of the Week award on Monday after his 32-point effort against Berry. The Jackson, Mississippi native leads the Bisons in scoring, averaging 19.0 points per game. He has scored in double figures in each of the last five games for the Bisons.
- Senior forward Martin Smith joined twin brother Malcolm as a member of the 1,000 point club at Lipscomb on Monday night. Martin became the 44th member of the exclusive list with a 3-pointer early in the first half against Belmont.
- Malcolm Smith joined the 1,000 point club in the final game of 2013-14 with a 24-point effort that saw him land exactly on 1,000.
- Former Lipscomb standout Adnan Hodzic signed a free agent contract on Wednesday to join Aries Trikala of the Greek A1 Ehniki. Hodzic spent last season playing for Al Arabi in Qatar where he averaged 20.9 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.
- The Bisons added a pair of high school standouts during the early signing period as Garrison Mathews from Franklin, Tennessee and Eli Pepper from Princeton, Kentucky inked their National Letters of Intent.
- Sophomore guard J.C. Hampton and senior forward Martin Smith were both selected to the Atlantic Sun Conference Preseason team.
- The Bisons were tabbed third in the 2014 A-Sun coaches’ preseason poll behind favorite FGCU and North Florida. The media poll had second and third places reversed for the Bisons and Ospreys with Lipscomb selected to finish just behind FGCU.
- NBC Sport’s CollegeBasketballTalk agreed with the A-Sun media picking Lipscomb to finish second in the 8-team league.