|November 30, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||COLO|
|FG Percentage||.400 (26-65)||.551 (27-49)|
|3P FG Percentage||.394 (13-33)||.375 (6-16)|
|FT Percentage||.833 (10-12)||.706 (24-34)|
Wishon - 3
Smith - 3
Smith - 2
Thomas - 1
Collier - 1
Hopkins - 1
Wishon - 1
Scott - 3
BOULDER, Colo. – After playing four games in eight days to start the season, the Lipscomb men’s basketball team returns to action on Sunday after a quick break for Thanksgiving with the first-ever meeting with Colorado at 1 p.m. The contest also marks the first appearance for Lipscomb on the Pac-12 network. JB Long and Don MacLean will call the action from the Coors Event Center.
The contest is also set to air on 94.9 Game 2 with Steve Selby handling play-by-play duties. Long-time voice of the Bisons Jonathan Seamon will miss the contest due to a death in his immediate family.
Lipscomb is 0-1 all-time against Pac-12 opponents with only an 83-82 overtime loss at Arizona in the record books.
The “Battle of the Horns” between Lipscomb and Colorado marks the second of three-straight road contests for the Purple and Gold and the first contest outside of the city of Nashville. The Bisons will return home next Saturday to host Tennessee State following a Wednesday night contest at Tennessee Tech.
Inside the Herd:
- Sophomore guard Josh Williams sits third among the A-Sun scoring leaders averaging 16.6 points per game. Williams has now scored in double figures in each of the last seven contests for the Bisons. He ranks tied for 20th nationally in scoring among sophomore guards.
- Freshman guard Nathan Moran has made an early impact in just five games averaging 9.6 ppg including leading the Bisons with a 16-point effort against Transylvania. The newcomer ranks second among all A-Sun rookies trailing Stetson’s Divine Myles, who is averaging 9.4 ppg.
- Senior forward Martin Smith joined twin brother Malcolm as a member of the 1,000 point club at Lipscomb in the second game of the season. Martin became the 44th member of the exclusive list with a 3-pointer early in the first half against Belmont.
- Malcolm Smith joined the 1,000 point club in the final game of 2013-14 with a 24-point effort that saw him land exactly on 1,000.
- Former Lipscomb standout Adnan Hodzic signed a free agent contract last week to join Aries Trikala of the Greek A1 Ehniki. Hodzic spent last season playing for Al Arabi in Qatar where he averaged 20.9 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.
- The Bisons added a pair of high school standouts during the early signing period as Garrison Mathews from Franklin, Tennessee and Eli Pepper from Princeton, Kentucky inked their National Letters of Intent.
- Sophomore guard J.C. Hampton and senior forward Martin Smith were both selected to the Atlantic Sun Conference Preseason team.
- The Bisons were tabbed third in the 2014 A-Sun coaches preseason poll behind favorite FGCU and North Florida. The media poll had second and third places reversed for the Bisons and Ospreys with Lipscomb selected to finish just behind FGCU.
- NBC Sport’s CollegeBasketballTalk agreed with the A-Sun media picking Lipscomb to finish second in the 8-team league.