|December 03, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||TTU|
|FG Percentage||.500 (29-58)||.476 (30-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.417 (10-24)||.250 (5-20)|
|FT Percentage||.500 (11-22)||.760 (19-25)|
CALDWELL - 1
THOMAS - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team continues nonconference road action on Wednesday night taking on Tennessee Tech in Cookeville at 6 p.m. at the Eblen Center.
Veteran play-by-play man Jonathan Seamon will bring all of the action from across the state live on 94.9 Game 2.
The Eagles hold a 3-4 advantage all-time in the NCAA era of the series but the Bisons have claimed three of the last four against Tech.
Inside the Herd:
- Sophomore guard Josh Williams sits tied for third among the A-Sun scoring leaders averaging 15.7 points per game. Williams has now scored in double figures in each of the last eight contests for the Bisons. He ranks tied for 25th nationally in scoring among sophomore guards.
- Freshman guard Nathan Moran has made an early impact in just six games averaging 10.7 ppg including leading the Bisons with a 16-point effort against Transylvania and a 17-point afternoon at Colorado. The newcomer ranks tied for the scoring lead among newcomers in the Atlantic Sun and ranks fourth nationally among freshman with 17, 3-pointers made.
- Senior forward Martin Smith joined twin brother Malcolm as a member of the 1,000 point club at Lipscomb in the second game of the season. Martin became the 44th member of the exclusive list with a 3-pointer early in the first half against Belmont.
- Malcolm Smith joined the 1,000 point club in the final game of 2013-14 with a 24-point effort that saw him land exactly on 1,000.
- Former Lipscomb standout Adnan Hodzic signed a free agent contract last week to join Aries Trikala of the Greek A1 Ehniki. Hodzic spent last season playing for Al Arabi in Qatar where he averaged 20.9 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.
- The Bisons added a pair of high school standouts during the early signing period as Garrison Mathews from Franklin, Tennessee and Eli Pepper from Princeton, Kentucky inked their National Letters of Intent.
- Sophomore guard J.C. Hampton and senior forward Martin Smith were both selected to the Atlantic Sun Conference Preseason team.
- The Bisons were tabbed third in the 2014 A-Sun coaches’ preseason poll behind favorite FGCU and North Florida. The media poll had second and third places reversed for the Bisons and Ospreys with Lipscomb selected to finish just behind FGCU.