|December 19, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||PRIN|
|FG Percentage||.362 (21-58)||.510 (26-51)|
|3P FG Percentage||.125 (2-16)||.538 (14-26)|
|FT Percentage||.688 (11-16)||.688 (11-16)|
Cook - 6
Weisz - 2
Denny - 1
Wishon - 1
PRINCETON, N.J. – Lipscomb men’s basketball returns to action on Friday night taking on Princeton in the first-ever matchup between the two schools at 7 p.m. at Jadwin Gymnasium.
The contest is not only the first game between the Bisons and Tigers but also the first meeting between Lipscomb and an Ivy League opponent. It will also mark the first time that Lipscomb has played in New Jersey.
The game will be carried live on 94.9 Game 2 with Jonathan Seamon calling the action beginning with the Lyons Chevrolet Drive to the Game at 6:45 p.m.
Inside the herd:
- Sophomore forward Brett Wishon was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Newcomer of the Week on Monday after leading the Bisons with a 21-point effort at Austin Peay on Saturday afternoon. The Concord, N.C., native sank six treys in the second half en route to his first league weekly honor. Wishon leads the A-Sun in 3-point field goals made per game averaging 2.7 per game.
- Sophomore guard Josh Williams sits among the A-Sun scoring leaders in fourth, averaging 15.0 points per game. Williams has now scored in double figures in each of the last 12 contests for the Bisons a figure that leads the A-Sun. Williams is the only Bison to start all 10 games for Lipscomb in 2014-15.
- The Bisons will be without veteran wing man Martin Smith on Friday night after the senior suffered a foot injury in the second-half of the game at Austin Peay. The Clarksville, Tenn., native has been an ironman for the Bisons over his career playing in 97 games in his 3-plus seasons including 77 starts.
- Senior forward Malcolm Smith moved into the No. 2 position all-time on the free-throw charts as a Bison last Saturday. The veteran hit 5-of-6 from the charity strip to move past former Lipscomb great Adnan Hodzic with 405. Smith now trails only Josh Slater, who finished with 484.
- Freshman guard Nathan Moran has made an early impact averaging 9.9 ppg including leading the Bisons with a 16-point effort against Transylvania and a 17-point afternoon at Colorado. The newcomer ranks 4th in the A-Sun averaging 2.4 treys per game and ranks third among all freshmen in the A-Sun in scoring.