|December 21, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||APSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.377 (20-53)||.467 (21-45)|
|3P FG Percentage||.150 (3-20)||.381 (8-21)|
|FT Percentage||.741 (20-27)||.760 (19-25)|
DAVIS - 3
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – After a road trip that saw the Bisons travel from Austin, Texas to Princeton, New Jersey with a stop in the Big Apple squeezed in between, Lipscomb men’s basketball returns to Allen Arena on Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. to host Austin Peay.
The Bisons look to improve to 7-0 against the Governors in the NCAA Division I era since the series resumed in 2010. The two foes met just last week in Clarksville with Lipscomb sophomore forward Brett Wishon nailing seven treys to lead the Purple and Gold to a 68-59 win over APSU.
The game will be carried live on ESPN3 and via the WatchESPN with father-son duo, Jonathan and Justin Seamon on the call.
Inside the Herd:
- The Bisons traveled over 3,000 miles this week starting with the flight to Austin, Texas on Monday. Lipscomb then flew to Newark, New Jersey on Wednesday and bused to Manhattan to spend a night in New York City. The team then bused to Princeton, New Jersey on Thursday afternoon for the Friday night meeting with the Tigers before flying home to Nashville from Philadelphia on Saturday night.
- Senior forward Malcolm Smith has led the Bisons in scoring in three of the last four contests. The veteran has also scored in double figures in six of the last seven outings increasing his points per game to 14.0, second best on the team.
- Sophomore forward Brett Wishon was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Newcomer of the Week on Monday after leading the Bisons with a 21-point effort at Austin Peay on Saturday afternoon. The Concord, N.C., native sank six treys in the second half en route to his first league weekly honor. Wishon leads the A-Sun in 3-point field goals made per game averaging 2.7 per game.
- After scoring in double figures in 12-straight games, sophomore Josh Williams was held to just seven points on Friday night at Princeton. Williams is averaging 14.3 points per game and 5.5 rebounds per outing. Both figures lead the team.
- The Bisons will be without veteran wing man Martin Smith on Sunday afternoon after the senior suffered a foot injury in the second-half of the game at Austin Peay. The Clarksville, Tenn., native has been an ironman for the Bisons over his career playing in 97 games in his 3-plus seasons including 77 starts.
- Senior forward Malcolm Smith moved into the No. 2 position all-time on the free-throw charts as a Bison last Saturday. The veteran hit 5-of-6 from the charity strip to move past former Lipscomb great Adnan Hodzic with 405. Smith now trails only Josh Slater, who finished with 484.