|December 29, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UTC|
|FG Percentage||.523 (23-44)||.417 (25-60)|
|3P FG Percentage||.353 (6-17)||.406 (13-32)|
|FT Percentage||.727 (8-11)||.714 (15-21)|
- 14||Eric Robertson
Smith - 6
- 6||Greg Pryor
Ronrico White - 6
Smith - 2
Eric Robertson - 3
- 2||Justin Tuoyo
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- With a short break for Christmas behind them, the Lipscomb men’s basketball team returns to action on Monday night at Chattanooga at 6 p.m. in Chattanooga.
The contest is only the second meeting between the two teams in the NCAA Division I era as the two in-state foes met in 2002. That contest saw Chattanooga take an 87-78 win over the Bisons. Lipscomb holds a 17-9 advantage all-time in the series that dates back to 1962.
Monday night’s contest wraps up a stretch of contests that have seen the Bisons play five of six contests away from Allen Arena.
- Senior forward Malcolm Smith has led the Bisons in scoring in three of the last five contests. The veteran has also scored in double figures in seven of the last eight outings increasing his points per game to 13.7, second best on the team.
- Sophomore forward Brett Wishon was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Newcomer of the Week on Dec. 15th after leading the Bisons with a 21-point effort at Austin Peay. The Concord, N.C., native sank six treys in the second half en route to his first league weekly honor. Wishon leads the A-Sun in 3-point field goals made per game averaging 2.7 per game.
- Sophomore guard Josh Williams leads the team in scoring averaging 14.6 ppg. That figure ranks fourth best in the Atlantic Sun. Williams also leads the team in rebounding averaging 5.3 boards a night and has scored in double figures in 13 of the last 14 games.
- The Bisons will be without veteran wing man Martin Smith on Monday night after the senior suffered a foot injury in the second-half of the game at Austin Peay. The Clarksville, Tenn., native has been an ironman for the Bisons over his career playing in 97 games in his 3-plus seasons including 77 starts.
- Senior forward Malcolm Smith moved into the No. 2 position all-time on the free-throw charts as a Bison in the game at Austin Peay. The veteran hit 5-of-6 from the charity strip to move past former Lipscomb great Adnan Hodzic with 405. Smith has 418 and now trails only Josh Slater, who finished with 484.
- Freshman guard Nathan Moran has made an early impact averaging 9.1 ppg including leading the Bisons with a 16-point effort against Transylvania and a 17-point afternoon at Colorado. The newcomer ranks 7th in the A-Sun averaging 2.2 treys per game and ranks third among all freshmen in the A-Sun in scoring.