|January 03, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||MU-M|
|FG Percentage||.322 (19-59)||.471 (24-51)|
|3P FG Percentage||.235 (8-34)||.333 (5-15)|
|FT Percentage||.667 (14-21)||.613 (19-31)|
- 17||Williams III
- 7||Williams III
Post - 10
Clark - 1
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team opens 2015 play on Saturday with a road contest at Southeastern Conference foe Missouri at 4 p.m. at Mizzou Arena.
It will mark the second appearance for the Bisons this season on the SEC Network. Tom Hart and Sundvold will call the action for the SEC Network. The game is also set to air in the Nashville market on 94.9 Game 2 with Jonathan Seamon handling the play-by-play duties.
The game will be the second meeting between the two schools with the previous matchup coming in 2006. The Tigers came out on top 89-69 in the affair that saw Trey Williams score 23 for the Bisons in the loss.
Inside the herd:
- Senior forward Malcolm Smith has led the Bisons in scoring in four of the last six contests. The veteran has also scored in double figures in eight of the last nine outings increasing his points per game to 13.7, second best on the team and fifth best in the Atlantic Sun. He heads into Saturday’s contest needing one game to move into a tie with twin Martin for the active game’s played leader at 97.
- Sophomore guard Josh Williams leads the team in scoring averaging 14.6 ppg. That figure ranks fourth best in the Atlantic Sun. Williams is also tied for the team lead in rebounding averaging 5.2 boards a night and has scored in double figures in 14 of the last 15 games.
- Sophomore forward Brett Wishon was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Newcomer of the Week on Dec. 15th after leading the Bisons with a 21-point effort at Austin Peay. The Concord, N.C., native sank six treys in the second half en route to his first league weekly honor. Wishon ranks second in the A-Sun in 3-point field goals made per game averaging 2.5 per game.
- 70 seems to be the magic number for the Bisons as all five wins have come when the Purple and Gold hold the opponent to 70 points are fewer.
- The Bisons will be without veteran wing man Martin Smith on Saturday afternoon after the senior suffered a foot injury in the second-half of the game at Austin Peay. The Clarksville, Tenn., native has been an ironman for the Bisons over his career playing in 97 games in his 3-plus seasons including 77 starts.
- Senior forward Malcolm Smith moved into the No. 2 position all-time on the free-throw charts as a Bison in the game at Austin Peay. The veteran hit 5-of-6 from the charity strip to move past former Lipscomb great Adnan Hodzic with 405. Smith has 421 and now trails only Josh Slater, who finished with 484.
- Freshman guard Nathan Moran has made an early impact averaging 8.8 ppg including leading the Bisons with a 16-point effort against Transylvania and a 17-point afternoon at Colorado. The newcomer ranks 7th in the A-Sun averaging 2.2 treys per game and ranks third among all freshmen in the A-Sun in scoring.