|January 05, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||RHODES||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.327 (17-52)||.682 (30-44)|
|3P FG Percentage||.182 (4-22)||.529 (9-17)|
|FT Percentage||.682 (15-22)||.778 (21-27)|
|Rebounds||Ryan Van Hoeck
Keyshawn Butts - 1
DENNY - 1
DUVALL - 1
HAMPTON - 1
SMITH - 1
WISHON - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Having played five of the last six games on the road, the Lipscomb men’s basketball team returns home on Monday night hosting Rhodes at 7:30 p.m. at Allen Arena.
The final tune up before the Bisons open Atlantic Sun Conference play on Saturday is set to air on ESPN3 with Jonathan and Justin Seamon calling the action.
Despite being separated by only 200 miles, Lipscomb and Rhodes have not met previously in men’s hoops. The contest will open a three-game homestand for the Bisons.
Inside the Herd:
- Sophomore guard Josh Williams leads the team in scoring averaging 14.4 ppg. That figure ranks fifth best in the Atlantic Sun. Williams leads the team in rebounding averaging 5.4 boards a night and has scored in double figures in 15 of the last 16 games.
- 70 seems to be the magic number for the Bisons as all five wins have come when the Purple and Gold hold the opponent to 70 points are fewer.
- The Bisons will be without veteran wing man Martin Smith on Monday night after the senior suffered a foot injury in the second-half of the game at Austin Peay. Lipscomb has been held to an average of 61.0 points per game with the Clarksville native out of the lineup.
- Senior forward Malcolm Smith moved into the No. 2 position all-time on the free-throw charts as a Bison in the game at Austin Peay. The veteran hit 5-of-6 from the charity strip to move past former Lipscomb great Adnan Hodzic with 405. Smith has 421 and now trails only Josh Slater, who finished with 484.
- Sophomore forward Brett Wishon was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Newcomer of the Week on Dec. 15th after leading the Bisons with a 21-point effort at Austin Peay. The Concord, N.C., native sank six treys in the second half en route to his first league weekly honor. Wishon ranks fifth in the A-Sun with 35 made 3-pointers.