|January 10, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NKU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.411 (23-56)||.441 (26-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.200 (6-30)||.333 (10-30)|
|FT Percentage||.600 (9-15)||.857 (18-21)|
PERSONS - 5
TEAM - 5
CAMPS - 1
COLE - 1
JOHNSON - 1
WILLIAMS - 1
WISHON - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team is set to open the 2015 Atlantic Sun Conference schedule on Saturday night hosting league foe Northern Kentucky at 6:30 p.m. at Allen Arena.
The contest will be carried live on ESPN3 with Jonathan and Justin Seamon calling the action.
Lipscomb looks to continue solid play at Allen Arena that has seen the Bisons win the last four contests on Don Meyer Court and six of the last seven.
The Bisons own a 5-2 advantage all-time in the series including a 3-1 edge in the NCAA Division I era. Both contests a year ago were close affairs with Lipscomb taking a 75-74 win at NKU before claiming a 70-66 victory at home.
Inside the herd:
- The Bisons had a record-setting effort on Monday night against Rhodes shooting a blistering 68.2 percent from the field. That figure is the highest shooting percentage in the NCAA era for the Purple and Gold surpassing a 67.4 percent effort in 2008 against Jacksonville. Lipscomb took just 44 shots on Monday night making 30 including the first eight buckets of the game.
- Sophomore guard Josh Williams leads the team in scoring averaging 14.5 ppg. That figure ranks sixth best in the Atlantic Sun. Williams leads the team in rebounding averaging 5.2 boards a night and has scored in double figures in 16 of the last 17 games.
- 70 seems to be the magic number for the Bisons as all six wins have come when the Purple and Gold hold the opponent to 70 points are fewer.
- The Bisons will be without veteran wing man Martin Smith on Saturday night after the senior suffered a foot injury in the second-half of the game at Austin Peay. Lipscomb has been held to an average of 66.8 points per game with the Clarksville native out of the lineup.
- Senior forward Malcolm Smith moved into the No. 2 position all-time on the free-throw charts as a Bison in the game at Austin Peay. The veteran hit 5-of-6 from the charity strip to move past former Lipscomb great Adnan Hodzic with 405. Smith has 428 and now trails only Josh Slater, who finished with 484.
- Sophomore forward Brett Wishon was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Newcomer of the Week on Dec. 15th after leading the Bisons with a 21-point effort at Austin Peay. The Concord, N.C., native sank six treys in the second half en route to his first league weekly honor. Wishon ranks seventh in the A-Sun with 34 made 3-pointers.
- Freshman guard Nathan Moran has made an early impact averaging 9.3 ppg including leading the Bisons with a 16-point effort against Transylvania and 17-point afternoons at Colorado and Missouri.