|March 05, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UNF|
|FG Percentage||.323 (20-62)||.408 (20-49)|
|3P FG Percentage||.200 (4-20)||.250 (6-24)|
|FT Percentage||.813 (13-16)||.862 (25-29)|
DENNY - 1
LANG - 1
SMITH - 1
MACKEY - 2
BANKS - 1
DAVENPORT - 1
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – On the heels of Tuesday night’s thrilling 76-73 overtime win over Northern Kentucky in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic Sun Conference championship, the No.4 Lipscomb men’s basketball team advances to take on top-seeded North Florida on Thursday night at 6 p.m.
The Lipscomb Radio Network will carry the game live on 102.1 The Light instead of 94.9 Game 2 due to scheduling conflicts. The game will also air on ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.
Thursday night’s semifinal matchup will be the first meeting between the Ospreys and Bisons in the postseason. North Florida holds a 10-9 advantage all-time in the series including a 5-4 advantage over the Purple and Gold at UNF Arena. The Bisons dropped both regular-season contests to UNF falling 75-66 at home on Jan. 24 before a 93-78 road loss on Feb. 19.
Inside the herd:
- Sophomore guard Josh Williams was named to the 2015 All-Atlantic Sun Conference first-team on Monday becoming the first Bison since Adnan Hodzic in 2011 to earn all-conference honors. Williams leads the way for the Bisons averaging a conference second-best 20.2 points per game in league play and 17.1 points per outing overall. He leads the team with 41 steals on the season and is second on the team lead in rebounding hauling in boards at a 5.0 per game clip.
- The Bisons snapped a five-game skid in the A-Sun Tournament with Tuesday night’s overtime win. Prior to the victory over the Norse. Lipscomb’s last postseason win came in 2009 at Allen Arena over Campbell. The win was also the first for Lipscomb as the No. 5 seed having gone 0-3 previously.
- Thursday night’s game will likely feature an aerial attack from beyond the arc as Lipscomb ranks eighth in the nation in 3-point field goals attempted just ahead of North Florida, who ranks 11th in the nation. The Bisons have launched 350 attempts heading into the contest.
- 70 seems to be the magic number for the Bisons as eight of the 12 wins have come when the Purple and Gold hold the opponent to 70 points are fewer. The Bisons are also 8-0 when scoring 80 or more points.
- The Bisons have used 14 different starting lineups in 2014-15 with no fivesome getting more than six starts. The quintet of Nathan Moran, J.C. Hampton, Josh Williams, Malcolm Smith and Brett Wishon hold the distinction of starting the most games and posting a 4-2 mark.
- Sophomore guard J.C. Hampton notched 10 assists in the win against Jacksonville on Feb. 21 becoming just the second Bison to do so in the NCAA era. Hampton joined Slater, who accomplished the feat five times and holds the single-game record of 11 helpers. Hampton ranks third in the A-Sun in assist-to-turnover ratio in league games trailing teammate Brett Wishon, who leads the league with a 3.1 ratio.