SANTA CLARA, Cali. – The 2015-16 season will get underway for the Lipscomb men’s basketball team in the 49th Annual Cable Car Classic hosted by Santa Clara University at the Leavey Center. The Bisons will take on host Santa Clara at 9 p.m. on Friday night followed by a 7:30 p.m. tipoff against Milwuakee on Saturday night and a 2 p.m. start against Denver on Sunday.
- This is Lipscomb’s first appearance in the Cable Car Classic and first time facing all three opponents in the field.
- The trip is only the third venture to the state of California for the Bisons and the first time in more than a decade. The previous trips were to face Pepperdine in 2002 and at Sacremento State in 2001.
- The contests will be the western most games for Lipscomb in school history.
- Junior Josh Williams was named to the Lou Henson Award preseason watch list earlier this week. He is one of 30 players named to the preseason all-American squad including Santa Clara’s Jared Brownridge. The award goes to the top mid-major player in the nation.
- Williams was also honored as a unanimous preseason All-Atlantic Sun Conference selection by the league coaches.
- The Bisons open this season with a whirlwind playing seven games in the first 10 games of the campaign. After opening action at the Cable Car Classic, Lipscomb returns home to host Oakland City on Tuesday night before hitting the road to Oxford, Ohio for the Men Against Breast Cancer Classic hosted by Miami (Ohio) next weekend.
- Along with four new players on the squad, Casey Alexander has a new assistant on the bench for the first time since 2012-13 as Sean Rutigliano replaces Dwight Evans after a four-year stint at Army-West Point.
Live stats for each game will be available here:
Game broadcasts will also be available:
Santa Clara: Audio | Video