|November 27, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||SC|
|FG Percentage||.397 (27-68)||.515 (34-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.371 (13-35)||.263 (5-19)|
|FT Percentage||.643 (9-14)||.704 (19-27)|
KORN - 5
WISHON - 5
WISHON - 2
CARRERA - 3
WISHON - 1
WISHON - 1
COLUMBIA, S.C. – After a quick break in the action this week, the Lipscomb men’s basketball team returns to action on Friday afternoon taking on South Carolina in a nonconference contest at Colonial Life Arena in Columbia at 1 p.m.
The contest is slated to air on SEC Network plus with Andy Demetra and Alex English calling the action. It marks the second trip for the Bisons to take on the Gamecocks in Columba. Lipscomb previously played South Carolina in 2006 with the home team taking a 75-68 win.
Inside the herd:
- Junior guard Josh Williams heads into Friday’s game needing 20 points to become the 45th player in school history to reach the 1,000 point mark in his career. With 67 career games under his belt, Williams looks to become the fastest player to reach the plateau surpassing Adnan Hodzic, who claimed the feat in 72 games.
- Junior J.C. Hampton earned all-tournament honors in last weekend’s Men Against Breast Cancer Challenge in Oxford, Ohio. Hampton averaged 14 points per game to go along with a 4.0 rebound-per-game average.
- Williams is one of 30 players named to the Lou Henson Award preseason watch list and the preseason All-American team. The award goes to the top mid-major player in the nation annually.
- Williams was also a unanimous selection to the Atlantic Sun Conference preseason squad after being named a first-team all-conference selection in 2014-15.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking second in the nation with 123 assists. Milwaukee, who Lipscomb faced in the Cable Car Classic, leads the nation with 147. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks ninth in the nation with 35 helpers through seven games.
- Lipscomb sits tied atop the 3-point field goals made column nationally with Milwaukee as both clubs have sank 73 shots from beyond the arc. The Bisons have done so in one fewer game however.