NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team wraps up a four-game homestand on Saturday afternoon at 4 p.m. with a nonconference tilt against Princeton.
The contest marks the first trip by an Ivy League school to Allen Arena and just the second-ever meeting between the two schools. The Tigers took the first meeting last season in Princeton, New Jersey 77-55.
The game will air on ESPN3 and via the WatchESPN app with Jonathan and Justin Seamon calling the action from Don Meyer Court.
Tickets are available at http://www.LipscombTickets.com
Inside the herd:
- Junior guard Josh Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- Williams is one of 30 players named to the Lou Henson Award preseason watch list and the preseason All-American team. The award goes to the top mid-major player in the nation annually.
- Williams was also a unanimous selection to the Atlantic Sun Conference preseason squad after being named a first-team all-conference selection in 2014-15.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking second in the nation with 192 assists. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 15th in the nation with 57 helpers through 11 games. That figure ranks him second in the nation among sophomores.
- Lipscomb ranks firsts in the nation with 136 3-point field goals made and sits second in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 355 trifectas through 12 games. The Bisons 11.3 3-point field goals per game ranks 4th in the nation.
- The Bisons opened the season with a whirlwind playing seven games in the first 10 games of the campaign. After opening action at the Cable Car Classic, Lipscomb returned home to host Oakland City before hitting the road to Oxford, Ohio for the Men Against Breast Cancer Challenge hosted by Miami (Ohio).
- Junior J.C. Hampton earned all-tournament honors in the Men Against Breast Cancer Challenge in Oxford, Ohio. Hampton averaged 14 points per game to go along with a 4.0 rebound-per-game average.