|January 09, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||KSU|
|FG Percentage||.364 (28-77)||.571 (36-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.229 (8-35)||.667 (10-15)|
|FT Percentage||.710 (22-31)||.690 (20-29)|
JONES - 3
BROWN - 3
MORENA - 3
CLARKE - 3
MASTERSON - 3
CLARKE - 2
WILLIAMS - 2
Wishon - 1
Brammeier - 1
The Lipscomb men’s basketball team heads to the “Peach State” to open the 2015-16 Atlantic Sun Conference slate at Kennesaw State on Saturday afternoon at the KSU Convocation Center.
Lipscomb enters the contest with a 15-5 advantage in the series including 10-straight wins over the Owls dating back to 2009. The series dates back to 2005 between the two schools.
The Bisons are 7-4 all-time in A-Sun lid lifters. The contest, along with all A-Sun games this season, will air on ESPN3.
Inside the Herd:
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in the first half against Princeton earlier in the month. Williams had surgery on Dec. 17 and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), Dylan Greene (Heel) and David Wishon (Wrist) as members of the team sidelined due to injury.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- Williams is one of 30 players named to the Lou Henson Award preseason watch list and the preseason All-American team. The award goes to the top mid-major player annually.
- Since losing Williams, junior J.C. Hampton has stepped up his game and has averaged 20.8 ppg scoring 20-plus points in four of the five games since.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking 11th in the nation with 286 assists. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 27th in the nation with 88 helpers through 16 games. That figure ranks him fifth in the nation among sophomores.
- Lipscomb ranks second in the nation with 182, 3-point field goals made and sits third in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 491 trifectas through 17 games. The Bisons 10.7, 3-point field goals per game ranks eighth in the nation.
- Freshman Eli Pepper ranks fourth in the nation among rookies with 101 defensive rebounds. The newcomer has grabbed eight or more rebounds in 11 contests and ranks third in the A-Sun with 7.3 rpg.
- Hampton earned all-tournament honors in the Men Against Breast Cancer Challenge in Oxford, Ohio. Hampton averaged 14 points per game to go along with a 4.0 rebound-per-game average.