|January 14, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UNF|
|FG Percentage||.462 (30-65)||.492 (29-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.462 (12-26)||.394 (13-33)|
|FT Percentage||.733 (11-15)||.828 (24-29)|
MACKEY - 1
BODAGER - 1
DANIELS - 1
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team continues road action on Thursday night taking defending Atlantic Sun Conference champion North Florida in a rematch of last season’s conference tournament semifinal at 6 p.m. at UNF Arena.
North Florida enters the contest with an 11-9 edge in the series after the Ospreys have claimed nine of the last 10 meetings between the two teams.
The contest, along with all A-Sun games this season, will air on ESPN3.
Inside the herd:
- Freshman forward Eli Pepper picked up his second A-Sun Newcomer of the Week honor this week after notching a 22-point, 17-rebound effort at Kennesaw State on Saturday.
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in the first half against Princeton earlier in the month. Williams had surgery on Dec. 17 and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), Dylan Greene (Heel) and David Wishon (Wrist) as members of the team sidelined due to injury.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- Williams is one of 30 players named to the Lou Henson Award preseason watch list and the preseason All-American team. The award goes to the top mid-major player annually.
- Since losing Williams, junior J.C. Hampton has stepped up his game and has averaged 20.3 ppg scoring 20-plus points in four of the six games since.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking 12th in the nation with 300 assists. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 28th in the nation with 92 helpers through 18 games. That figure ranks him eighth in the nation among sophomores.
- Lipscomb ranks third in the nation with 190, 3-point field goals made and sits third in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 526 trifectas through 18 games. The Bisons 10.6, 3-point field goals per game ranks ninth in the nation.
- Pepper ranks fourth in the nation among rookies with 101 defensive rebounds. The newcomer has grabbed eight or more rebounds in 11 contests and ranks third in the A-Sun with 7.3 rpg.