|January 16, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||JU|
|FG Percentage||.450 (27-60)||.406 (26-64)|
|3P FG Percentage||.393 (11-28)||.370 (10-27)|
|FT Percentage||.533 (8-15)||.700 (14-20)|
TEAM - 6
Brammeier - 1
HOLDER - 1
CLAYTON - 1
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team wraps up the two-game swing in Jacksonville, Florida on Saturday night taking on Jacksonville at Swisher Gymnasium
The game marks the 26th meeting all-time between the two schools with the Bisons owning a slim 13-12 advantage in the series thanks to wins in each of the last three games. Last year’s tilts were close affairs with the two games decided by four points or less.
The contest, along with all A-Sun games this season, will air on ESPN3.
Inside the Herd:
- Freshman forward Eli Pepper picked up his second A-Sun Newcomer of the Week honor this week after notching a 22-point, 17-rebound effort at Kennesaw State on Saturday.
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in the first half against Princeton last month. Williams had surgery on Dec. 17 and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), and Dylan Greene (Heel) as members of the team sidelined due to injury. David Wishon (Wrist) returned to action on Thursday night against UNF after missing the seven previous games.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- Williams is one of 30 players named to the Lou Henson Award preseason watch list and the preseason All-American team. The award goes to the top mid-major player annually.
- Since losing Williams, junior J.C. Hampton has stepped up his game and has averaged 18.6 ppg scoring 20-plus points in five of the seven games since.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking ninth in the nation with 318 assists. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 26th in the nation with 96 helpers through 19 games. That figure ranks him eighth in the nation among sophomores.
- Lipscomb ranks second in the nation with 202, 3-point field goals made and sits third in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 552 trifectas through 19 games. The Bisons 10.6, 3-point field goals per game ranks seventh in the nation.
- Pepper ranks fourth in the nation among rookies with 119 defensive rebounds. The newcomer has grabbed eight or more rebounds in 12 contests and ranks third in the A-Sun with 8.5 rpg.