|January 24, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||FGCU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.421 (24-57)||.552 (32-58)|
|3P FG Percentage||.235 (4-17)||.576 (19-33)|
|FT Percentage||.852 (23-27)||.889 (8-9)|
TERRELL - 2
PEPPER - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team continues home Atlantic Sun Conference play on Saturday afternoon at 4 p.m. hosting FGCU at Allen Arena.
The two teams head into the contest on the heels of league wins on Thursday night as the Eagles improved to 4-0 in conference while the Bisons moved to 1-3 in the A-Sun with a win over Stetson. Saturday’s contest marks the 18th meeting between the two foes with Lipscomb owning a 9-6 advantage in the series. The Eagles however have won three of the last four games in the series.
The contest is slated to air on ESPN3 with Jonathan and Justin Seamon calling the action from Don Meyer Court.
Inside the Herd:
- Junior guard J.C. Hampton became the 46th member of the 1,000-point club Lipscomb last Saturday with a 17-point effort at Jacksonville reaching the feat in 83 games.
- Freshman forward Eli Pepper picked up his second A-Sun Newcomer of the Week honor last week after notching a 22-point, 17-rebound effort at Kennesaw State.
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in the first half against Princeton last month. Williams had surgery on Dec. 17 and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), and Dylan Greene (Heel) as members of the team sidelined due to injury. David Wishon (Wrist) returned to action last Thursday night against UNF after missing the seven previous games.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- Williams is one of 30 players named to the Lou Henson Award preseason watch list and the preseason All-American team. The award goes to the top mid-major player annually.
- Since losing Williams, Hampton has stepped up his game and has averaged 19.3 ppg.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking fifth in the nation with 361 assists. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 33rd in the nation with 103 helpers through 21 games.
- Lipscomb ranks second in the nation with 225, 3-point field goals made and sits third in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 607 trifectas. The Bisons 10.7, 3-point field goals per game ranks sixth in the nation.
- Pepper ranks fourth in the nation among rookies with 129 defensive rebounds. The newcomer has grabbed eight or more rebounds in 13 contests and ranks third in the A-Sun with 8.2 rpg.