|January 27, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||NJIT|
|FG Percentage||.456 (26-57)||.381 (24-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.429 (15-35)||.265 (9-34)|
|FT Percentage||.824 (14-17)||.789 (15-19)|
LYNN - 17
LYNN - 2
NEWARK, N.J. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team make the first visit in school history to Fleisher Athletic Center on Wednesday night to take on Atlantic Sun Conference newcomer NJIT.
The contest marks just the second in school history for the Bisons in the state of New Jersey following Lipscomb’s contest at Ivy Leaguer Princeton just last season.
Tipoff is slated for 6:00 p.m. on ESPN3.
Inside the herd:
- Freshman Garrison Mathews picked up his first A-Sun weekly honor this week as the A-Sun “Newcomer of the Week.” Mathews scored 19 points against Stetson before dropping 16 in a win over FGCU on Sunday.
- Junior guard J.C. Hampton became the 46th member of the 1,000-point club Lipscomb with a 17-point effort at Jacksonville reaching the feat in 83 games.
- Freshman forward Eli Pepper picked up his second A-Sun Newcomer of the Week honor two weeks ago after notching a 22-point, 17-rebound effort at Kennesaw State.
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in the first half against Princeton last month. Williams had surgery on Dec. 17 and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), and Dylan Greene (Heel) as members of the team sidelined due to injury. David Wishon (Wrist) returned to action against UNF after missing the seven previous games.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- Williams is one of 30 players named to the Lou Henson Award preseason watch list and the preseason All-American team. The award goes to the top mid-major player annually.
- Since losing Williams, Hampton has stepped up his game and has averaged 19.3 ppg.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking fifth in the nation and lead the A-Sun with 384 assists. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 28th in the nation with 111 helpers through 22 games.
- Lipscomb ranks second in the nation with 244, 3-point field goals made and sits third in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 640 trifectas launched. The Bisons 11.1, 3-point field goals per game ranks fifth in the nation.