|February 06, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UPST|
|FG Percentage||.492 (29-59)||.393 (22-56)|
|3P FG Percentage||.368 (7-19)||.227 (5-22)|
|FT Percentage||.464 (13-28)||.640 (16-25)|
CUTHBERTSON - 1
WHITTINGTON - 1
SCHULTE - 1
WHITTINGTON - 1
BUCHANAN - 1
SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team hits the road to take on USC Upstate on Saturday for the second time in a week following the two teams meeting at Allen Arena just a week ago.
That contest saw the Spartans come away with a 92-91 win in overtime. USC Upstate’s win gives them a 9-8 advantage in the series all-time that dates back to 2008.
Saturday’s contest is slated to air on ESPN3.
- Freshman Garrison Mathews picked up his first A-Sun weekly honor last week as the A-Sun “Newcomer of the Week.” Mathews scored 19 points against Stetson before dropping 16 in a win over FGCU on Sunday. Mathews ranks as No.3 scoring freshman in the A-Sun in league play with a 13.9 ppg average.
- With the first seven league games complete, the Bisons boast three of the top-15 scorers in league action. Junior guard J.C. Hampton ranks sixth with a 17.9 ppg average ahead of sophomore guard Nathan Moran, who ranks tied for 12th with a 15.0 ppg average and Mathews, who ranks 15th with a 13.9 ppg mark.
- Junior guard Cam Miller sits second in the A-Sun rankings in 3-point shooting percentage in league contests. Miller owns a .583 average from beyond the arc and ranks fourth overall in shooting percentage with a .543 mark. He is averaging 8.3 ppg in league play as well.
- Hampton became the 46th member of the 1,000-point club Lipscomb with a 17-point effort at Jacksonville reaching the feat in 83 games.
- Freshman forward Eli Pepper picked up his second A-Sun Newcomer of the Week honor two weeks ago after notching a 22-point, 17-rebound effort at Kennesaw State. His 12 offensive rebounds in that contest are tied as a national superlative.
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in the first half against Princeton. Williams had surgery on Dec. 17 and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), and Dylan Greene (Heel) as members of the team sidelined due to injury. David Wishon (Wrist) returned to action against UNF after missing the seven previous games.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking third in the nation and leading the A-Sun with 434 assists. The Bisons have notched 20-plus assists in five of the last seven games Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 28th in the nation with 125 helpers through 25 games.
- Lipscomb ranks second in the nation with 270, 3-point field goals made and sits third in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 715 trifectas launched. The Bisons 10.8, 3-point field goals per game ranks fifth in the NCAA Division I.
- Pepper ranks tied for fourth in the nation among rookies with 155 defensive rebounds. The newcomer has grabbed eight or more rebounds in 14 contests and ranks second in the A-Sun in league contests with 9.3 rpg.
- Hampton earned all-tournament honors in the Men Against Breast Cancer Challenge in Oxford, Ohio. Hampton averaged 14 points per game to go along with a 4.0 rebound-per-game average.