|February 11, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||JU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.522 (36-69)||.500 (31-62)|
|3P FG Percentage||.455 (10-22)||.326 (14-43)|
|FT Percentage||.833 (10-12)||.708 (17-24)|
BABINEAUX - 7
BABINEAUX - 2
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team returns home on Thursday night to host A-Sun co-leader Jacksonville at 6:30 p.m. at Allen Arena.
The two foes met last month with the Dolphins claiming a 76-73 win on their home court. The series that dates back to 2004 stands tied at 13.
The contest is slated to air on ESPN3 with Jonathan and Justin Seamon calling the action from Don Meyer Court.
Inside the herd:
- With the first nine league games complete, the Bisons boast three of the top-18 scorers in league action. Junior guard J.C. Hampton ranks eighth with a 17.4 ppg average ahead of sophomore guard Nathan Moran, who ranks tied for 16th with a 14.1 ppg average and Garrison Mathews, who ranks 18th with a 13.7 ppg mark.
- Junior guard Cam Miller sits second in the A-Sun rankings in 3-point shooting percentage in league contests. Miller owns a .583 average from beyond the arc and ranks fourth overall in shooting percentage with a .577 mark. He is averaging 8.3 ppg in league play as well.
- Hampton became the 46th member of the 1,000-point club Lipscomb with a 17-point effort at Jacksonville reaching the feat in 83 games.
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in the first half against Princeton. Williams had surgery on Dec. 17 and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), and Dylan Greene (Heel) as members of the team sidelined due to injury. David Wishon (Wrist) returned to action against UNF after missing the seven previous games.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking fourth in the nation and leading the A-Sun with 452 assists. The Bisons have notched 20-plus assists in six games this season. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 30th in the nation with 130 helpers through 26 games.
- Lipscomb ranks second in the nation with 277, 3-point field goals made and sits third in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 734 trifectas launched. The Bisons 10.7, 3-point field goals per game ranks fifth in the NCAA Division I.
- Pepper ranks tied for fourth in the nation among rookies with 161 defensive rebounds. The newcomer has grabbed eight or more rebounds in 15 contests and ranks second in the A-Sun in league contests with 9.4 rpg.
- Hampton earned all-tournament honors in the Men Against Breast Cancer Challenge in Oxford, Ohio. Hampton averaged 14 points per game to go along with a 4.0 rebound-per-game average.