|February 13, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNF||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.431 (31-72)||.470 (31-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.351 (13-37)||.364 (8-22)|
|FT Percentage||.706 (12-17)||.706 (24-34)|
BRAMMEIER - 10
DAVENPORT - 1
BEECH - 1
MALONGA - 1
MOORE - 1
MORAN - 2
BEECH - 2
PEPPER - 1
BUTLER - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team continues Atlantic Sun Conference action with the final Saturday home contest at 4 p.m. hosting league co-leader North Florida. The game features two of the nation’s top three-point shooting teams as UNF leads the nation with 335 treys ahead of the Bisons, who have made 291 ranking third most.
The contest marks the 22nd meeting between the two teams with the Ospreys holding a 12-9 advantage all-time in the series that dates back to 2006. Lipscomb looks to snap a four-game skid against the defending league champions.
The contest is slated to air on ESPN3 with Jonathan and Justin Seamon calling the action from Don Meyer Court.
Inside the herd:
- With 10 league games complete, the Bisons boast three of the top-18 scorers in league action. Junior guard J.C. Hampton ranks seventh with a 17.4 ppg average ahead of sophomore guard Nathan Moran, who ranks tied for 12th with a 14.5 ppg average and Garrison Mathews, who ranks 18th with 13.8 ppg.
- Hampton became the 46th member of the 1,000-point club Lipscomb with a 17-point effort at Jacksonville reaching the feat in 83 games.
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in the first half against Princeton. Williams had surgery on Dec. 17 and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), and Dylan Greene (Heel) as members of the team sidelined due to injury. David Wishon (Wrist) returned to action against UNF after missing the seven previous games.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking third in the nation and leading the A-Sun with 473 assists. The Bisons have notched 20-plus assists in six games this season. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 28th in the nation with 138 helpers through 27 games.
- Lipscomb ranks third in the nation with 291, 3-point field goals made and sits third in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 777 trifectas launched. The Bisons 10.8, 3-point field goals per game ranks fifth in the NCAA Division I.
- Pepper ranks tied for third in the nation among rookies with 167 defensive rebounds. The newcomer has grabbed eight or more rebounds in 15 contests and ranks second in the A-Sun in league contests with 9.4 rpg.
- Hampton earned all-tournament honors in the Men Against Breast Cancer Challenge in Oxford, Ohio. Hampton averaged 14 points per game to go along with a 4.0 rebound-per-game average.