|February 18, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||FGCU|
|FG Percentage||.424 (25-59)||.500 (25-50)|
|3P FG Percentage||.241 (7-29)||.091 (1-11)|
|FT Percentage||.667 (10-15)||.795 (31-39)|
Mathews - 15
NORELIA - 3
FT MYERS, Fla. – Unable to get the offense rolling for most of the night, the Lipscomb men’s basketball team dropped an 82-67 Atlantic Sun Conference decision to FGCU at Alico Arena on Thursday night in Ft. Myers.
“We never could get over the hump,” said Lipscomb head coach Casey Alexander. “We were five or 10 points down it seemed like the entire game until at the end. We never really played well and I have to give FGCU plenty of credit for that.
“Offensively and defensively we were never in a great rhythm. We never could string a run together.”
Junior J.C. Hampton and freshman Garrison Mathews led the Bisons (10-19, 6-6) with 15-points each in the loss. Hampton would add a team-high five rebounds in the loss.
FGCU (16-12, 7-5 A-Sun) was led by Marc-Eddy Norelia, who scored 25 points and added a game-high 12 rebounds.
- The Bisons 67 points were the fewest in A-Sun play this season having entered the contest averaging 85.5 points per outing against league foes.
- Free throws proved to be a big difference in the contest as FGCU went 31-for-39 at the charity stripe while Lipscomb made just 15 trips to the line sinking 10.
- FGCU dominated the boards 40-29.
- With the loss, the Bisons fall to a fifth-place tie with Kennesaw State with two games remaining in league play.
- The Bisons drew within four at 54-50 with 11:01 to play when Mathews hit a three but the Eagles stretched the game back out quickly with an 8-2 run.
- Lipscomb actually held an advantage in 3-point shooting despite hitting just 24 percent (7-of-29). The Eagles were even colder from deep hitting just 1-of-11 (9.1 percent)
Up next: The Bisons conclude A-Sun road action on Saturday with a 2:30 p.m. contest at Stetson. The game will air live on ESPN3.