|February 20, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||STET|
|FG Percentage||.517 (30-58)||.450 (27-60)|
|3P FG Percentage||.294 (5-17)||.476 (10-21)|
|FT Percentage||.706 (12-17)||.667 (10-15)|
MATHEWS - 1
PEPPER - 1
WISHON - 1
DeLAND, Fla. – The Bisons wrap up Atlantic Sun Conference road action on Saturday afternoon taking on Stetson at 2:30 p.m. at the Edmunds Center in the final league road game of the season.
The contest marks the 26th meeting all-time between the two schools having split the season 13-13. The Bisons and Hatters have split the series the last two seasons with each team winning on their home floor. The road team has not won in the series since 2013 and Lipscomb has not won in DeLand since 2012.
Lipscomb took the earlier meeting this season 92-87 behind a 19-point effort from freshman guard Garrison Mathews.
The contest is slated to air on ESPN3.
Inside the herd:
- With 12 league games complete, the Bisons boast three of the top-14 scorers in league action. Junior guard J.C. Hampton ranks ninth with a 16.3 ppg average ahead of sophomore guard Nathan Moran, who ranks 13th with a 14.8 ppg average and Garrison Mathews, who ranks 14th with 14.7 ppg.
- Mathews picked up a pair of honors this week as he was named the Tennesee Sports Writers Association Player of the Week and the Atlantic Sun Newcomer of the Week for his play last week. He led the Bisons to a 2-0 mark against A-Sun co-leaders Jacksonville and North Florida. He opened the week with a 19-point, 10-rebound, five-assist effort before dropping a 23-point, 10-rebound, five-assist effort against UNF
- Hampton became the 46th member of the 1,000-point club Lipscomb with a 17-point effort at Jacksonville reaching the feat in 83 games.
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in the first half against Princeton. Williams had surgery on Dec. 17 and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), and Dylan Greene (Heel) as members of the team sidelined due to injury. David Wishon (Wrist) returned to action against UNF after missing the seven previous games.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking third in the nation and leading the A-Sun with 503 assists. The Bisons have notched 20-plus assists in six games this season. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 28th in the nation with 146 helpers through 29 games.
- Lipscomb ranks third in the nation with a school-record 306, 3-point field goals made and sits third in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 829 trifectas launched. The Bisons 10.6, 3-point field goals per game ranks sixth in the NCAA Division I.
- Freshman forward Eli Pepper ranks tied for third in the nation among rookies with 167 defensive rebounds. The newcomer has grabbed eight or more rebounds in 15 contests and ranks second in the A-Sun in league contests with 9.4 rpg.