|February 25, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||KSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.407 (24-59)||.317 (20-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.267 (4-15)||.125 (4-32)|
|FT Percentage||.875 (21-24)||.867 (13-15)|
HAMPTON - 2
MATHEWS - 2
MORAN - 1
BUTLER - 1
MATHEWS - 1
PEPPER - 1
MORENA - 1
WILLIAMS - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team wraps up 2015-16 regular season action on Thursday night hosting Kennesaw State at 6:30 p.m. at Allen Arena with Atlantic Sun Tournament seeding on the line.
Lipscomb heads into the “Senior Night” finale with the chance to finish as high as the No. 3 seed or as low as the No. 6 seed depending upon different outcomes around the league.
To be guaranteed a No. 4 seed or higher in the tournament and the opportunity to host a first-round playoff game, the Bisons need a win against the Owls and some help from other league teams.
The contest is also “SuperHero” night with the first 300 fans ages 17 and under receiving a free Lipscomb cape.
Inside the Herd:
- The Bisons will wear special socks and the coaching staff will don special lapel pins on Thursday night as part of Austim Awareness Night to help raise awareness for Autism Tennessee.
- With 13 league games complete, the Bisons boast three of the top-14 scorers in league action. Junior guard J.C. Hampton ranks eighth with a 15.9 ppg average ahead of freshman guard Garrison Mathews, who ranks 11th with 15.2 ppg and sophomore guard Nathan Moran, who ranks 14th at 14.6 ppg.
- Mathews picked up a pair of honors last week as he was named the Tennesee Sports Writers Association Player of the Week and the Atlantic Sun Newcomer of the Week for his play last week. He led the Bisons to a 2-0 mark against A-Sun co-leaders Jacksonville and North Florida. He opened the week with a 19-point, 10-rebound, five-assist effort before dropping a 23-point, 10-rebound, five-assist effort against UNF
- Hampton became the 46th member of the 1,000-point club Lipscomb with a 17-point effort at Jacksonville reaching the feat in 83 games.
- Junior guard Josh Williams sustained a torn left ACL in the first half against Princeton. Williams had surgery on Dec. 17 and will miss the remainder of the 2015-16 season. He joins Talbot Denny (Arm), and Dylan Greene (Heel) as members of the team sidelined due to injury. David Wishon (Wrist) returned to action against UNF after missing the seven previous games.
- Williams became the 45th member of the Lipscomb 1,000-point club Nov. 27 with a 21-point effort at South Carolina. Williams reached the mark in 68 career games becoming the fastest player in the NCAA Division I era for the Bisons to reach the mark.
- The Bisons have been spreading the ball around so far in 2015-16 ranking fourth in the nation and leading the A-Sun with 519 assists. The Bisons have notched 20-plus assists in six games this season. Sophomore Nathan Moran ranks 33rd in the nation with 146 helpers through 29 games.
- Lipscomb ranks fourth in the nation with a school-record 311, 3-point field goals made and sits third in the nation in 3-point field goal attempts with 846 trifectas launched. The Bisons 10.4, 3-point field goals per game ranks eighth in NCAA Division I.
- Freshman forward Eli Pepper ranks tied for fourth in the nation among rookies with 181 defensive rebounds. The newcomer has grabbed eight or more rebounds in 16 contests and ranks second in the A-Sun in league contests with 8.5 rpg.