|November 11, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||SEWANE~1||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.356 (21-59)||.541 (33-61)|
|3P FG Percentage||.227 (5-22)||.296 (8-27)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (6-8)||.710 (22-31)|
MORAN - 4
Williams - 1
Born - 1
Barry - 1
MORAN - 2
MARBERRY - 1
BUCKLAND - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Lipscomb men's basketball team kicksoff the 16th season of NCAA Division I basketball on Friday hosting longtime foe Sewanee at Noon at Allen Arena in the Music City. The matchup features the first meeting between the two schools on the hardwood in 13 years and only the third time since 1984.
The game will air live on ESPN3 with father-son duo Jonathan and Justin Seamon calling the action on Don Meyer Court.
The series between Lipscomb and Sewanee dates back to 1941 when the Bisons used a high-powered offense to tame the Tigers 43-32. The two teams have met at least 35 times with Lipscomb holding a 24-7 edge and the result of one contest unknown. The Bisons and Tigers played regularly from 1965-1984.
Lipscomb owns a 13-game winning streak in the series.
- Lipscomb head coach Casey Alexander begins his fourth season on the bench for the Bisons with a record of 41-53 in the Music City.
- The Bisons own a 12-3 mark in home lid lifters.
- The Purple and Gold own a 16-0 mark at Allen Arena against Non-NCAA Division I opponents.
- The Bisons were tabbed to finish fourth in ASUN league standings by a vote of the league coaches. That was two slots higher than the media, who predicted a sixth-place finish for Lipscomb. Both groups forecasted a first-place finish for reigning tournament champion FGCU.
- The league skippers voted senior guard Josh Williams onto the preseason All-ASUN team. Williams returns for his final campaign after becoming the fastest player in the NCAA era to reach the 1,000 point mark last season. Williams became the 45th member of the exclusive club before a knee-injury sidelined him before the Christmas break. Williams enters the season with 1,065 points in 35th all-time trailing Martin Smith, who finished 34th with 1,095.
- The Bisons return 4-of-5 starters from a year ago to the roster.
- Lipscomb also returns 74.1 percent of the offense that nailed an NCAA era school record 331 shots from beyond the arc. The Bisons also set the school mark for most points in a season with 2,590.
Tickets for the contest are available to purchase at http://www.LipscombTickets.com or at the box office on the day of the game. For more information, call 615-966-HERD (4373).