|November 13, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||MOS|
|FG Percentage||.391 (18-46)||.508 (32-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.360 (9-25)||.267 (4-15)|
|FT Percentage||.714 (30-42)||.677 (21-31)|
- 27||DeJuan MARRERO
- 5||DeJuan MARRERO
- 6||Malik MAITLAND
- 2||Miguel DICENT
Malik MAITLAND - 2
DeJuan MARRERO - 2
Djimon HENSON - 2
- 2||Ty'Quan BITTING
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Lipscomb men's basketballl team hits the road for the first time in 2016-17 on Sunday for a 3 p.m. matinee matchup against Morehead State at the E.T. Johnson Arena in Morehead, Kentucky.
The contest is the first meeting for the two teams in the NCAA Division I era and the first meeting since Dec. 9, 1958. That contest in saw the Eagles claim an 86-81 victory in the only previous meeting between the two schools.
The game will air on the OVC Digital Network.
- Sophomore transfer Rob Marberry got his Lipscomb career off to a solid start against Sewanee with a 22-point, 8-rebound effort against the Tigers. The Western Kentucky transfer drained 10-of-13 from the floor to lead the Bisons.
- Fellow newcomer Michael Buckland also narrowly missed a double-double in his debut in Purple and Gold nothing eight points and a game-high 11 rebounds.
- Sophomore forward Eli Pepper dressed against the Tigers but did not see action due to injury. Pepper entered the game having started all 33 games as a freshman a season ago.
- The Bisons were tabbed to finish fourth in ASUN league standings by a vote of the league coaches. That was two slots higher than the media, who predicted a sixth-place finish for Lipscomb. Both groups forecasted a first-place finish for reigning tournament champion FGCU.
- The league skippers voted senior guard Josh Williams onto the preseason All-ASUN team. Williams returns for his final campaign after becoming the fastest player in the NCAA era to reach the 1,000 point mark last season. Williams became the 45th member of the exclusive club before a knee-injury sidelined him before the Christmas break. Williams returned to the Lipscomb lineup against Sewanee scoring 14 points and grabbing six rebounds.
- Williams sits 35th all-time in scoring with 1,065 trailing Martin Smith, who ranks 34th with 1,095.
- Lipscomb returns 74.1 percent of the offense from 2015-16 that nailed an NCAA era school record 331 shots from beyond the arc. The Bisons also set the school mark for most points in a season with 2,590.
- Nearly half of the Lipscomb roster is from the Nashville metropolitan area. Seven players (Rob Marberry - Nashville, Cam Miller - Franklin, Nathan Moran - Franklin, Asa Duvall - Brentwood, John Matt Merritt - Nashville, Kenny Cooper - Nashville, Garrison Mathews) call the Music City home.