|February 18, 2017||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||JU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.431 (22-51)||.528 (28-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.391 (9-23)||.441 (15-34)|
|FT Percentage||.800 (16-20)||.667 (10-15)|
HOLDER - 3
COOPER - 2
BUCKLAND - 1
MATHEWS - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team wrapped up regular season home action on Saturday afternoon with an 81-69 ASUN Conference win over Jacksonville clinching at least a No. 2 see in the upcoming ASUN Championship hosted on campus sites starting Feb. 27. With the No. 2 seed, the Bisons (18-12, 10-3 ASUN) will have the chance to host the semifinal round, on March 2 should they advance past the quarterfinals.
“I thought for the full 40 minute game today we were pretty good and that’s all that I can really ask for,” said Alexander. “It wasn’t necessarily smooth and we didn’t have anything spectacular but we approached the game the right way. The team was good in practice yesterday and were ready to play. It was a great bounce back win.”
The Bisons got a 26-point effort from Garrison Mathews and a 21-point afternoon from Nathan Moran as the duo combined for 12 treys to claim the win over the Dolphins (17-13, 5-8 ASUN). Mathews added eight rebounds and six assists, while Moran notched eight assists and a trio of rebounds.
In a pregame ceremony, the team honored 2017 seniors Cam Miller, Josh Williams and Brett Wishon.
- Moran and Mathews were joined in double figures by Williams, who finished with 12. His 12 points moved him into 20th place in all-time scoring for the Bisons as he surpassed Jerry Meyer on the scoring chart. Williams now trails Mark Campbell by 36 points.
- Lipscomb dished out 25 assists on 28 made baskets. The 25 helpers marked a season high in conference play.
- The Bisons owned a 52.8 to 43.1 percent advantage in shooting including a 44.1-39.1 percent edge beyond the arc as Lipscomb hit 15 triples.
- Lipscomb also held an advantage in turnovers forcing 17 Dolphin miscues while making 13 turnovers of their own.
- Jacksonville held a 30-28 edge in rebounding.
- The Dolphins also owned an advantage at the free-throw line going 16-of-20 (80 percent) ahead of the Bisons hitting 10-of-15 (66.7 percent).
- Mathews 13 attempts from beyond the arc pushed him past Moran for the NCAA era, single season 3-point attempts record.
Up next: The Bisons wrap up regular season action at Kennesaw State on Thursday night at 6 p.m. at the KSU Convocation Center in Kennesaw, Ga. The contest will air live on ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.