|February 23, 2017||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||KSU|
|FG Percentage||.483 (29-60)||.409 (27-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.519 (14-27)||.250 (2-8)|
|FT Percentage||.684 (13-19)||.750 (18-24)|
WILSON - 4
PEPPER - 1
WILLIAMS - 1
MATHEWS - 1
KENNESAW, Ga. – Using an explosive first half that saw 11 treys go down, the Lipscomb men’s basketball claimed an 85-74 ASUN Conference win at Kennesaw State at the KSU Convocation Center to wrap up regular season action.
With the win, the Bisons finish ASUN play at 11-3, the best finish in school history, and will start the ASUN Championship on Monday night at home at Allen Arena at 7 p.m. against the No. 7 seed, either NJIT or Stetson, that will be determined officially by RPI later.
“I didn’t think the first three or four minutes we were particularly sharp,” said Lipscomb head coach Casey Alexander. “Our response to that though was pretty incredible to go into halftime with a 34-point lead. It was fun to watch. It was unusual for us to get so many good looks but you have to make them. We’ve had plenty of games where we’ve had good looks and weren’t making them and had to find other ways to win. We’re a pretty good team offensively, especially when shots are going down from the 3-point line.”
The offensive output in the first half was led by junior guard Nathan Moran, who hit six treys in the first 20 minutes of action en route to a 24-point night behind eight triples.
- The Bisons claimed the single season NCAA era scoring mark in the first half surpassing the mark set in 2015-16 of 2,590.
- Lipscomb also set the season record for assists hitting 20 to give the Bisons 557 on the season eclipsing the mark of 548 also set last season. Moran led the Bisons with six helpers.
- Moran was joined in double figures by Garrison Mathews (20) and Josh Williams (11).
- The 62 points in the first half were the most in a stanza for the Bisons this season eclipsing the 59-point output at Jacksonville.
- The Owls held a 44-37 edge in rebounding including a 20-12 edge on the offensive glass.
- Lipscomb owned a 48.3 percent to 40.9 percent edge in shooting and a 51.9 percent to 25 percent edge from beyond the arc.
- Kyle Clarke led five players in double figures for the Owls with 16 points.
Up next: The Bisons return home on Monday night to host the opening round of the ASUN Conference Championships against NJIT at 7 p.m. at Allen Arena. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at http://www.LipscombTickets.com or by calling 615-966-HERD (4373).