|December 14, 2017||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||FC||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.421 (24-57)||.459 (39-85)|
|3P FG Percentage||.409 (9-22)||.344 (11-32)|
|FT Percentage||.611 (11-18)||.524 (11-21)|
TSOUNGUI - 1
BENJAMIN - 1
BUCKLAND - 3
ROSE - 1
FLEMING - 1
PEPPER - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Behind a defensive effort that forced 26 turnovers, the Lipscomb men’s basketball team downed nonconference foe Florida College 100-68 on Thursday night at Allen Arena in Nashville Tennessee.
"We sped them up a little bit and that's the reason for the 26 turnovers," said Lipscomb head coach Casey Alexander. "I felt like we got after them a little bit, but we made some mistakes too. We lunged for balls a couple of times that turned into open 3-point shots for them.
"You have to respect the game and I didn't feel like we did. You have to respect your opponent and I didn't thnk we did. That's really disppointing. We've shown that we can be a good team and tonight was one of 29 chances to come out and improve. Tonight we learned a lesson I hope, but we didn't improve our play."
The Bisons (7-4) turned those Falcons (9-2) miscues into 28 points. On the offensive end all 13 Lipscomb players that played got in the scoring column. Junior guard Garrison Mathews led the way with a 21-point night hitting 9-of-18 from the field in 19 minutes of action. It marked the sixth time in 11 games that the Franklin native has eclipsed the 20-point mark this season.
Sophomore Michael Buckland joined Mathews in double figure scoring with a 16-point effort as did Greg Jones and Aaron Korn, who added 12 and 11, respectively.
- Not only did the Bisons force 26 Falcons miscues, the Purple and Gold only turned the ball over five times and held a 23-14 advantage in assists.
- The Bisons held a 47-42 edge on the boards including an 18-10 edge in offensive rebounding that led to 21, second-chance points. Eli Pepper led the way with a 10-rebound night.
- Lipscomb held a 46-42 percent advantage in field goal percentage.
- Both teams hit 11 free throws in the contest with Lipscomb going 11-for-21, while Florida College hit 11-of-18.
- Lipscomb also dominated the paint with a 52-28 edge down low in points in the paint.
- The two teams combined to launch 54, 3-point attempts in the game with Lipscomb hitting 11-of-32, while the Falcons hit 9-of-22 on the night.
Up next: The Bisons continue home action on Sunday hosting Abilene Christian in the Music City for the first time since 1958. The contest tipsoff at 1 p.m. at Allen Arena and will air on ESPN3. To purchase tickets visit http://www.LipscombTickets.com