|February 15, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||STET|
|FG Percentage||.540 (27-50)||.397 (27-68)|
|3P FG Percentage||.348 (8-23)||.391 (9-23)|
|FT Percentage||.741 (20-27)||.667 (10-15)|
ANINYE - 5
DOYLE - 5
MATHEWS - 3
COOPER - 2
DELAND, Fla. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team opens its final road swing of the regular season when the Bisons travel to DeLand, Florida on Thursday to take on the Stetson Hatters in a 6 p.m. ASUN Conference contest at the Edmunds Center. The game can be streamed live on ESPN.
Lipscomb (17-9, 7-4 ASUN) is coming off a huge week in which it earned important wins over Jacksonville and North Florida – two teams that beat the Bisons earlier in the season. With the victories, Lipscomb now sits in second place all by itself in the ASUN standings with three games to play.
A win on Thursday would go a long way in helping the Purple and Gold lock up the No. 2 seed in the ASUN Championship, which begins on Monday, Feb. 26 at campus sites around the conference.
Thursday’s matchup will represent the 34th meeting all-time between the schools, with the Bisons holding an 18-15 advantage, including an 85-82 victory in Nashville on Jan. 20.
Stetson owns an 11-17 overall record and a 3-8 mark in conference play after snapping an 8-game losing streak on Saturday with an 84-80 win at NJIT.
All five starters scored in double figures as the Hatters held on down the stretch after letting a 19-point advantage slip away.
The Hatters are fifth in the ASUN in scoring at 75.7 points per games, while holding opponents to 81.0 per game.
Myles Divine is the third-leading scorer in the conference at 17.0 per contest, while the next closest Hatter is B.J. Glasford at 11.5. Myles ranks sixth in the league in assists at 4.3 per game. He is 14 assists shy of becoming the first player in ASUN Conference history with 1500 points, 500 rebounds, 500 assists and 150 steals in a career. He is also 43 points away from breaking Stetson's career scoring record.
Abayomi Iyiola is the team’s top rebounder, and the seventh best in the ASUN, pulling down 6.4 each time out.
Luke Doyle is rapidly approaching two significant career milestones. The senior guard needs 33 points to reach 1,000 for his career, and he is also four 3-pointers shy of becoming Stetson's career leader. He enters play Thursday with 203 3-point field goals. He is only the 2nd player in school history with 200 3-pointers.
- The Bisons are three wins away from recording their first-ever back-to-back 20-win seasons in the NCAA Division I era.
- Lipscomb has won its last three games against Stetson heading into Thursday’s contest and six of the last seven contests. However, the Bisons are 4-12 all-time on the road vs. the Hatters.
- Lipscomb possesses the ASUN’s top offense at 81.3 points per game.
- Junior guard Garrison Mathews (1,581) is 21 points shy of tying Josh Slater for the second most career points in the program’s NCAA era.
- Mathews is on track to become the first Bisons player to lead the league in scoring average since Adnan Hodzic (22.7; 2009- 10). Mathews currently scores 21.8 PPG & 22.5 in ASUN games.
- Rob Marberry landed a share of the ASUN Player of the Week honor on Monday after averaged 24.5 PPG, which included a career-best 39 points in the win vs. North Florida. Marberry trails only teammate Garrison Mathews for scoring in league play.
- The Bisons are averaging 86.2 PPG in league play; first in the conference ahead of North Florida (83.2). Stetson is allowing 81.0 PPG to ASUN foes including 85 vs. the Bisons in the Jan. 20th meeting.
- Eli Pepper leads the charge on the boards for Lipscomb at 9.2 RPG in conference action. Pepper (2.5) and Mathews (2.0) are two of eight ASUN players to average 2.0 offensive rebounds per game in league games.
- The Bisons rank third and sixth in the nation, respectively, in free throws attempted (662) and free throws made (469).
- Pulling down 40.27 rebounds per game, Lipscomb stands 14th in the country.
Lipscomb travels to Florida Gulf Coast for a meeting of the top two teams in the ASUN on Saturday, the final road game of the regular season. Tip is set for 6 p.m. at Alico Arena in Fort Myers, Florida.