|February 22, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||KSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.569 (29-51)||.547 (29-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.500 (5-10)||.292 (7-24)|
|FT Percentage||.786 (11-14)||.720 (18-25)|
BUCKLAND - 2
MATHEWS - 2
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team will wrap up regular season play Thursday evening when ASUN foe Kennesaw State visits Allen Arena at 6:30 p.m.
The last “Throwback Thursday” of the season will feature a Lou Bison bobblehead giveaway to the first 500 fans through the doors, as well as a pregame ceremony to honor seniors Asa Duvall, Aaron Korn and George Brammeier.
The meeting will be the 26th contest all-time between the two schools with the Bisons owning an 18-7 advantage in the series having won 13 of the last 15 against the Owls. The game will air live on ESPN3 with Jonathan and Justin Seamon on the call.
SCOUTING KENNESAW STATE:
The Owls come to Nashville 10-18 overall and 6-7 in league play. A win on Thursday, coupled with an USC Upstate victory at NJIT, would clinch a top-4 seed for the Owls and the right to host a first round game for the first-time ever.
KSU snapped Florida Gulf Coast’s unbeaten run in the ASUN with a 97-93 victory on the road last Thursday. James Scott and Nick Masterson each tallied 27 points.
Masterson is hitting an ASUN high 53.2 percent of his 3-point attempts. His 46.9 career clip is second in ASUN history.
Scott is one of four active conference players with multiple 30-point games. He has two this season and is averaging 16.9 points per game – the fourth highest average in the league.
Along with Scott, Masterson (15.4) and Tyler Hooker (10.9) are also reaching double figures per game.
- Lipscomb is 10-2 at Allen Arena this season. The two losses were to FGCU and NJIT – both games in which the Bisons held a double-digit lead in the second half.
- The Bisons enter Thursday looking to extend their season-high tying 4-game win streak. They are the hottest team in the ASUN right now, having won eight of the last nine outings.
- A victory would give Lipscomb its second straight 20-win season, the first time that has happened for the Bisons since joining the ASUN in 2003.
- Garrison Mathews brought home his 6th career ASUN Player of the Week Award on Monday, setting the program record. He sits atop the ASUN in scoring at 21.7 ppg, with 18 games of 20+ points. That is five more than any other player in the conference this season.
- Mathews is on track to become the first Bison to lead the league in scoring since Adnan Hodzic (22.7) in 2009-10.
- Lipscomb is scoring 86.2 points per game in conference action.
- Mathews scored a career high 43 points in the last meeting with KSU. He was 12-of-20 from the floor and 15-of-17 from the line.
- Kenny Cooper is second in the ASUN in steals at 2.04 per game. FGCU’s Zach Johnson is first at 2.17.
- The Bisons rank fifth and seventh in the nation, respectively, in free throws attempted (710) and free throws made (505).
- Pulling down 40.00 rebounds per game, Lipscomb stands 14thin the country. Its 28.96 defensive boards per game is 8th
- Mathews is sixth in the NCAA in FT attempted (224) and made (179).
The Bisons will open the ASUN Championship as the No. 2 seed on Monday, Feb. 26 with a quarterfinal game against 7th-seeded Stetson. Tip will be at 7 p.m. in Allen Arena. To purchase your tickets now, visit HERE.