ALLEN ARENA - On the heels of a first-ever bid to the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, Lipscomb Athletics has announced that basketball season tickets are officially on sale for the 2018-19 season and April 30, 2018 is a date that current and prospective ticket holders should note.
“With basketball ending in historic fashion last week, after back-to-back 20-win records and with so many of this year’s contributors back for this next season, we have had tremendous interest from many fans - both current and new - in buying season tickets right now for next year,” said Lipscomb A.D. Philip Hutcheson.
“Because of that demand, and in an effort to more quickly determine which seats are taken and which are available for many new fans, we decided to go ahead and start the reservation process for next year right now,” Hutcheson continued. “In addition to the benefit of premium seat selection, season ticket holders will have priority for retaining their seat during the ASUN tournament games at Lipscomb and season ticket ownership is also part of the criteria for determining how to allocate future NCAA ticket buying options as well.”
As explained on the order page on the Lipscomb Tickets website, a $50 per ticket non-refundable deposit is required and it will be applied to the ticket holder’s account balance. There is a system for how orders will be fulfilled and a key date for ticket holders to keep in mind is April 30, 2018. According to the site:
- Existing season ticket holders will have first priority as long as they renew their current seats before April 30, 2018. After that date, all unreserved seats will be for sale on a first come/first served basis.
- Current National Bison Club Athletics Associates ($1,000 and higher annual donors or the prorated amount for “Young Alumni”) whose membership is current by April 30 and who respond by April 30, 2018 will have second priority in buying new season tickets.
- All other new season ticket orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were received.
Reserved seat season tickets to every men’s game and admission to every women’s game is included at the same $175 per seat price as last season. Initial seating will occur after April 30, 2018 and a non-refundable $50 deposit is required per ticket.
Those interested in buying season tickets have three ways to do so:
- ONLINE: www.lipscombtickets.com; click on the “Basketball” drop down tab and then click on the “2018-19 Basketball” tab. Then select the number of seats to renew or reserve for the 2018–19 basketball season by clicking "Buy Tickets" below the message.
- BY PHONE: Call to speak with a Lipscomb tickets representative or leave a message with a name, number of tickets desired, a day/evening phone number and a preferred email address so that a Lipscomb representative mayl respond.
- BY EMAIL: Email email@example.com and include the number of reserved seat tickets desired, a day/evening phone number and a preferred email address so that a Lipscomb representative may respond.
“The past two seasons and particularly the ending of this most recent season has brought a lot of renewed interest in watching and cheering on our basketball teams,” said Hutcheson. “It’s less than a week after the season ended, and our coaches and staff have already met and started planning for how to improve on and off the court in the coming year. Next season starts now and we hope that more of our fans than ever before will buy and use their season tickets to enjoy another great year of Bison basketball.”