|January 09, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNF||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.394 (26-66)||.509 (28-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.286 (10-35)||.545 (12-22)|
|FT Percentage||.800 (4-5)||.722 (13-18)|
HORCHLER - 12
AMINU - 12
ESCOBAR - 12
MARBERRY - 2
ASADULLAH - 2
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team opens ASUN home action on Wednesday hosting North Florida at Allen Arena at 6:30 p.m. in Nashville, Tennessee.
Lipscomb trails 16-11 in the series all-time against the Ospreys. They split two meetings last season and North Florida's last win in Nashville came in the ASUN Championship Semifinal of 2016-17 season.
The game will air on ESPN+ with Jonathan and Justin Seamon calling the action from Don Meyer Court. To purchase tickets visit http://www.LipscombTickets.com or call 615-966-HERD (4373). Live stats can be followed here.
- The Ospreys bring to Nashville at 7-9 overall record and a 1-0 mark in league play after dismantling North Alabama 96-67 on Saturday in their ASUN opener.
- With a 1-5 record away from UNF Arena, the Ospreys lone road victory came on Dec. 1 at Charleston Southern, 76-70.
- UNF ranks third in the ASUN this season averaging 77.0 PPG.
- Noah Horchler earned his first career ASUN Player of the Week honor after scoring 23 points in the ASUN opener. His 15.8 PPG average ranks sixth in the league, while he leads the league with 9.9 RPG. He is also shooting 59% from the floor – the fourth best
- Ivan Gandia-Rosa scored 16 points in the ASUN opener on Saturday, while also dishing out eight assists. It marked the sixth time over the past two seasons that Gandia-Rosa finished a game with double-digit points and 8+ assists.
- Wajid Aminu tied his season-high with 15 points in the win against North Alabama. He has now scored in double figures in eight of 16 games this season, with North Florida holding a 5-3 record in those games.
- UNF drilled 13 triples versus UNA. It marked the 13th time since 2015-16 that UNF made 13 or more triples vs. an ASUN opponent. They hold an 11-2 record in those games.
- Garrett Sams is averaging 12.5 PPG this year for the Ospreys, which ranks second on the team behind Horchler. The junior has been in double-figure scoring in 11 of 16 games this season, including the last two games for UNF.
- Dating back to last season, Lipscomb has won 18 of its last 23 games. In that span they are 10-2 in home games.
- With 14 games in the books, the Bisons are ranked 46th in the latest NET Rankings.
- The Bisons snapped a four-game losing streak to UNF in last year's regular season home contest. Lipscomb won 82-75 at Allen Arena.
- Lipscomb is looking to start 2-0 in ASUN play for the third time during the Casey Alexander era. The last time Lipscomb started 2-0 in the league was during the 2016-17 campaign.
- Rob Marberry scored a career-high 39 points in Lipscomb's last victory against North Florida last season. He made 18-of-24 from the field that night and is coming off a team-high 13 points in Saturday's victory at Jacksonville.
- With a scoring average of 85.1 PPG, Lipscomb leads all ASUN teams on the offensive side this season. In six games at Allen Arena this season, the Bisons' average increases to 97.2 PPG.
- Eli Pepper recorded his second double-double of the season, 11th of his career, in the win at JU last weekend. The senior forward is Lipscomb's top rebounder at 6.7 RPG, good for seventh in the ASUN.
- Pepper is one rebound shy of setting the Lipscomb NCAA era career record. He is currently tied with Adnan Hodzic with 840.
- The Bisons own a 3-1 record in their last four ASUN Conference home openers. They have eclipsed the 80 point mark in each of those four contests. Lipscomb is 7-1 this season when scoring 80+ points.
- Garrison Mathews averaged 20.5 PPG last season against North Florida. For his Lipscomb career, the senior is averaging 19.7 PPG against the Ospreys.
- Mathews sits with 1,961 career points, which ranks 12th in the ASUN history books. That number places him seventh on Lipscomb’s all-time chart, just 41 points behind Adnan Hodzic’s 2,002 points (2007-11) in sixth.
- Junior guard Kenny Cooper dished out five assists in Saturday's win at Jacksonville. It marked the sixth time this season that Cooper finished with five or more dimes. The Bisons are 4-2 in those games this season.
- The Bisons posted back-to-back 20-win seasons over the past two years for the first time in its NCAA Division I history. Lipscomb’s 23 wins last year registered as a program D-I best. Since the 2016-17 season, the Bisons own a combined 52-27 mark.
- Lipscomb was picked as the preseason favorite in the 2018-19 ASUN Conference race by a vote of the league’s skippers and the league’s media members.
- Mathews and Rob Marberry were both selections to the preseason All-ASUN team.
Lipscomb continues home action on Saturday when the Stetson Hatters come to town for a 4 p.m. tip.