ATLANTA, Ga. - Lipscomb's Garrison Mathews shared this week's ASUN Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week honors, the league office announced on Monday.
Mathews extends his conference record with his 10th ASUN Player of the Week honor after guiding the Bisons to a 2-0 mark in league play.The senior averaged 22.5 PPG last week as the Bisons defeated North Florida and Stetson at home.
In the game against the Ospreys, Mathews scored 25 points and added seven rebounds. He made 5-of-9 from behind the arc in that game, and continued his hot shooting into the game against the Hatters.
He was 6-of-10 from the field that contest and put up 20 points in just 23 minutes of action. During the match, Mathews became just the ninth player in ASUN history to surpass the 2,000 career point mark. He also set school records for most points in the D-I era and most three-pointers made.
Lipscomb is back in action on Wednesday at 6 p.m. when they take on NJIT in Newark, New Jersey
Garrison Mathews, Lipscomb
Senior | Guard | Franklin, Tenn. | Criminal Justice
- Tenth Career ASUN Conference Player of the Week; fourth this season to extend his own league record
- Helped Lipscomb go 2-0 in ASUN play with back-to-back 20-point performances
- Scored 25 points and added seven rebounds in 81-66 home victory vs. North Florida in midweek action
- Finished with 20 points in just 23 minutes to lead Lipscomb past Stetson by the score of 95-71
- Became just the ninth player in league history to surpass the 2,000 career point mark during Saturday's victory
- Averaged 6.5 RPG and 2.0 APG for the week as Lipscomb sits tied atop the standings at 3-0 in ASUN play
- Set the program's NCAA era record for career points (2,006) and career three-pointers (285)