|February 06, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UNF|
|FG Percentage||.493 (33-67)||.339 (20-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.480 (12-25)||.286 (8-28)|
|FT Percentage||.778 (14-18)||.875 (7-8)|
PEPPER - 8
BUCKLAND - 4
GANDIA-ROSA - 3
COFFEY II - 3
DAY - 2
PEPPER - 1
HORCHLER - 2
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team heads to the “River City” of Jacksonville, Florida on Wednesday night for a 6 p.m. ASUN conference meeting with North Florida at UNF Arena.
Lipscomb trails 16-12 in the series all-time against the Ospreys, but the Bisons have won the last two meetings, including an 81-66 victory in Nashville on January 9.
No current player on Lipscomb's roster has ever won at UNF. A win against the Ospreys would give the Bisons their longest win streak in the program's NCAA era at 10 games.
- The Ospreys enter the matchup 9-15 overall and 3-6 in league play after dropping their last five matches. The current skid is the team’s longest since starting the 2017-18 campaign with six consecutive defeats.
- UNF’s last win came on Jan. 16 against Stetson 87-77.
- North Florida is 6-2 at home but have dropped back-to-back tilts in UNF Arena.
- All five Osprey starters are averaging double figures and UNF is one of just 25 programs in D1 basketball that has five or more players averaging double digits this year.
- Noah Horchler leads the team in both scoring (15.7 ppg) and rebounds (9.5 rpg). He leads the ASUN with 11 double-doubles and has scored in double figures in 20 of 22 outings.
- Garrett Sams enters Wednesday's contest needing just 22 points to reach 1,000 for his career, he would be the 14th in program history to do so. Sams is pouring in 11.7 ppg and leads the team with 81 makes at the charity stripe.
- JT Escobar (11.2 ppg) is the team’s leading deep threat. He has hit 62 of 157 from beyond the arc for a 39.5 percent clip. His 2.6 made treys per game are second in the ASUN, behind only Garrison Mathew’s 3.0 mark.
- Entering Wednesday, the Bisons sit 32nd in the latest releasing of the NCAA NET rankings. They are the fifth-highest mid-major in the country (Gonzaga, Nevada, Buffalo, Wofford).
- For the first time in program history, the Bisons received five votes in Monday’s AP Top 25 poll. Andy Katz also placed the team at No. 36 in the NCAA’s Power 36 list.
- Lipscomb is 6th in SB Nation’s Mid-Major Madness Top 25 and 7thin the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Poll.
- com places Lipscomb 36th in its Pomeroy Ratings, however, its adjusted tempo is 11thin the nation - averaging 74.6 possessions per 40 minutes played. The ratings also puts its defense 16th nationally in adjusted efficiency.
- Dating back to last season, Lipscomb has compiled a 31-6 record. No other team in the ASUN has more than 27 wins in that span. The Bisons are also 13-3 on the road in that time frame.
- Lipscomb's 16.6 scoring margin is the sixth best mark in the nation. It also ranks eighth nationally in assists per game (17.9) and scoring offense (85.5).
- Garrison Mathews earned his 12th career ASUN Player of the Week on Monday. It was his sixth of the season and his second in a row. It added to his tally of most in conference history. He leads the ASUN during league play for scoring at 23.0 PPG and three’s made per game at 3.6. Overall, he is also the league’s leading scorer at 19.9 PPG.
- Mathews sits with 2,145 career points good for fifth-best in league history. He passed current NBA player Torrey Craig on Saturday. He can move into fourth place with 9 points on Wednesday, passing Jonathan Rodriquez (2006-10).
- Lipscomb is fifth in the country with eight road wins on the season. UC Irvine and Stony Brook each have 10, while NJIT and Vermont have won nine.
- Lipscomb is 10-1 in Allen Arena this season, making them one of two ASUN teams with at least 10 home victories. The Bisons are averaging an astounding 93.4 PPG at home and making 52 percent of their field goals as well a 39.3 percent from deep.
- The Bisons have won their last 17 games against conference foes including three en route to last year’s ASUN Championship crown. It’s the 2nd-longest streak in the nation, only behind Gonzaga’s 22. Only two of those 17 games have been decided by three points or less.
- Lipscomb is outscoring ASUN teams this year, 85.5 to 69.0.
- With his first rebound on Saturday, Eli Pepper became the 10th player in league history to grab 900 career rebounds.
- With one rebound against UNA, Eli Pepper will become the 10th player in league history to secure 900 career rebounds. He is sixth in the ASUN in conference play in rebounding at 7.2 per game.
- Kenny Cooper ranks second in league action at 4.2 assists per game. He has recorded at least six assists in four of his last six games.
- Lipscomb is off to a program record start in league play at 9-0 for the first time. FGCU is the last team to start at least 9-0 as the Eagles posted 11-straight wins to begin league play.
- In league play, Rob Marberry has been a force in the post scoring and also distributing. The senior forward is averaging 15.5 PPG on 63 percent shooting, while also dishing out 2.4 APG including five in back-to-back games against Liberty and FGCU.
Lipscomb returns home this weekend to welcome Jacksonville at 4 p.m. on Saturday.