|January 11, 2020||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNA||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.424 (25-59)||.382 (21-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.455 (10-22)||.400 (8-20)|
|FT Percentage||.815 (22-27)||.613 (19-31)|
Windeler - 1
James - 1
Anderson - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team continues home ASUN Conference action Saturday afternoon hosting North Alabama at 4 p.m. at Allen Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.
Lipscomb owns a 2-0 all-time advantage over the Lions after taking both contests by an average of 17.0 points last season. In the meeting at Allen Arena, the Bisons shot 63 percent and got 52 points from the bench in a 102-80 victory last February.
Live stats can be followed here.
SCOUTING THE LIONS
- UNA brings to Nashville a 6-10 overall record and a 1-2 mark in the ASUN with a win over Jacksonville in the conference opener.
- Despite having only one loss at home, the Lions are 0-9 on the road.
- UNA has one of the most balanced scoring offenses in the league as the Lions are the lone ASUN squad with seven players averaging at least 6.5 points per game.
- As a team, North Alabama is second in the league in steals at 6.5 per game, just behind FGCU's 6.8 per outing. The Lions are also second in free throw attempts with 325 on the year.
- Emanuel Littles checks in at fourth in the ASUN for field goal percentage (56.7) and in rebounds per game (8.5). Teammate Mervin James is fifth in field goal percentage (54.4).
- North Alabama is the only ASUN squad with at least two players with multiple 10-rebound performances this season in Emanuel Littles (5) and Mervin James (2).
- Lipscomb is 17-3 in its last 20 ASUN home contests dating back to 2018.
- After last night’s victory the Bisons are 5-1 in their last six ASUN home openers and 7-2 in the last nine.
- Ahsan Asadullah had a big night against the Owls where he scored a career high 28 points with 11 rebounds and seven assists. It marked his second double-double in as many games and his fifth of the season.
- Asadullah is averaging 26.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists in his last two outings. He is one-of-two ASUN players ranked in the top-five for scoring (15.7) and rebounding (9.1). The sophomore center has six games of 10+ rebounds this season.
- Senior Michael Buckland produced a career-high 25 points against Kennesaw State where he drained a career best six threes. The guard has connected on 18 triples in the last six outings after hitting seven over the first seven games of the season.
- The Bisons have posted double digit threes in six games this season and are currently averaging 7.8 threes per game after recording a season-high 13 against Kennesaw State.
- 11 different players have made a trey this season, including three with 20 or more (Buckland, Fleming, Johnson).
- Junior Parker Hazen reeled in a career best 10 rebounds Thursday in 24 minutes off the bench. It was the first game this season that Asadullah has played where he didn’t lead the team or tie for the team high. Hazen’s 4.9 rebounds per game is the second best total on the Bisons.
- Freshman Carson Cary would rank third in the league for three-point field goal percentage at 42.9 while as a team, Lipscomb is third in the ASUN at a 33.2 clip.
- KJ Johnson is second on the Bisons squad with 13.5 points per game; that average is also third among ASUN freshmen on the year and ranks eighth in the conference. Things have been tougher to come by in conference play for Johnson as he’s averaging just 5.6 points in three games. He has just one made field goal in each ASUN contest while attempting just 13 total shots.
- On the year, nearly half of Lipscomb's contests have been decided by seven points or fewer. The Bisons have a 2-5 record in those seven games.
- Lipscomb is 5-2 when holding opponents to 70 points or less this season. The defeats came on the road at Duquesne and FGCU.
- The Bisons are 16-4 in their last 20 games against league foes, and 28-5 in their last 33.
- The Bisons are second in the ASUN Conference overall in field goal makes per game (26.6), scoring offense (71.4), field goal percentage (44.2) and assists per game (13.6).
- Lipscomb leads the league in ASUN action with 17.05 assists per contest, while its 10.7 made triples and 70.7 points are second most.