WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened the 2016 Southwestern Jones Invitational in a tie for 10th place with Mississippi State after the first 36 holes of competition at the North Ranch Country Club in Westlake Village.
The Bisons finished the first day of action with a +23, 599 (300, 299) to tie with the Bulldogs. No. 6 Southern California leads the field with a -24, 552 (280, 272) with 18 holes remaining in the 54-hole event.
- Sophomores Dawson Armstrong and Eric Ansett paced Lipscomb with a pair of +6, 150’s to tie for 35th. Armstrong carded identical rounds of 75, while Ansett fired a 79 and a 71.
- Mikey Feher finished the day just one stroke behind Armstrong and Ansett at +7. Feher opened the day with a -2, 70 before ending the afternoon with an 81.
- Stoney Crouch sits just two strokes behind Feher with a +9, 153 (76, 77) in a tie for 51st.
- Connor McKay finished the day at +21, (89, 76) to round out the Lipscomb golfers.
- USC’s Jonah Texeira sits atop the leaderboard with a -8, 136 (69, 67).
- The third and final round for the Bisons is slated to get underway at 10:32 on Tuesday.