WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. – Powered by a final round 67 from Dawson Armstrong and a 69 from Stoney Crouch, the Lipscomb men’s golf team surged to a seventh-place finish in the 2016 Southwestern Jones Invitational.
The Bisons finished the 54-hole event with a +19, 883 after firing a final-round 284 that was the second best round of the day. Southern California dominated the event to win by 20 strokes with a -26 838.
Inside the Herd:
- Armstrong’s 67 was the second-lowest round of the tournament as the sophomore finished tied for 17th with at +1, 217 (75- 75-67). Armstrong climbed 18 spots on the final day of action.
- Crouch finished at +6 with a 222, (76-77-69) to tie for 32nd.
- Sophomore Eric Ansett finished one stroke back of Crouch to tie for 35th with a +7, 223 (79-71-73)
- Junior Mikey Feher tied for 42nd with a +10, 226 (70-81-75) ahead of Connor McKay, who carded a +28, 244 (89-76-79) to finish 79th.
- USC’s Andrew Levitt took home medalist honors with a -8, 208 behind a final round 68.
- Five of the six teams ahead of the Bisons were ranked in the top-45 coming into the week.
Up next: The Bisons head to the Mission Inn Spring Spectacular on March 12-13 in Howey-in-the-hills, Florida.