HOWEY-IN-THE-HILLS, Fla. – Posting the second-best team score of the day, the Lipscomb men’s golf team surged to a fourth place finish in the Mission Inn Spring Spectacular at the Mission Inn Golf and Tennis Resort in Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida.
The rally was led by Eric Ansett, who fired a -4, 68 along with Dawson Armstrong and Hunter Howell, who each carded -2, 70’s on the final day of action in the 54-hole event. The Bisons finished one stroke ahead of Old Dominion with a +20, 884 (304-298-282)
No. 18 South Florida claimed the tournament win with a -15, 849 (288-280-281).
Inside the Herd:
- Armstrong led the Bisons with a -1, 215 (75-70-70) to finish in a three-way tie for fifth after climbing seven spots on the leaderboard on the final day of action.
- Ansett’s 68 propelled the sophomore to a tie for 19th after entering Sunday tied for 52nd. He ended the tournament with a +5, 221 (80-73-68).
- Stoney Crouch finished tied for 35th with a +9, 225 (74-76-75).
- Mikey Feher completed the event with a +12, 228 (75-79-74) to tie for 45th.
- Howell climbed 24 places on Sunday behind his 70 to finish tied for 49th with a +14, 230 (81-79-70)
- South Florida’s Chase Koepka claimed medalist honors with a -9, 207 (70-67-70) to help propel the Bulls to the team win.
- The Bisons climbed from ninth to fourth on Sunday.
Up next: Lipscomb heads to Little Rock, Arkansas on March 28-29 for the Little Rock/First Tee Classic.