LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Propelled by three players in the top-5, the Lipscomb men’s golf team finished the first day of action at the 23rd-annual First Tee Classic atop the leaderboard at the Chenal Country Club in Little Rock.
The Bisons opened the 54-hole event with a 300 to sit in second place after the first 18 holes before firing a 289 to end the day in first at +13. Lipscomb heads into the final 18 holes on Tuesday with a six-stroke advantage over Central Arkansas.
Inside the Herd:
- The second-round surge was led by Eric Ansett, who fired a 71 to end the day tied for third with a +1 after an opening round 74.
- Dawson Armstrong and Mikey Feher sit just one stroke behind Ansett at +3 heading into Tuesday. Armstrong carded identical rounds of 73, while Feher opened with a +2, 74 before an even-par 72.
- Hunter Howell finished the day tied for 41st with a +9, 153 (79-74).
- Stoney Crouch rounded out the competitors for the Bisons with a +13. 157 (84-73) in a tie for 62nd.
- The third round will see the Bisons get underway at 8 a.m. from the “Natural State”.
- Live scoring for the event will be available at http://www.golfstat.com