WEST POINT, Miss. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team wrapped up action in the Old Waverly Collegiate Championship on Tuesday with a third-place finish at the Old Waverly Golf Club in West Point, Mississippi.
The Bisons finished the event with a +11, 875 (292-285-298) to finish just three strokes back of Ole Miss, who finished at +8. McNeese State took home top honors with a +2, 866.
- Lipscomb was led by Dawson Armstrong, who finished tied for fourth, with an even par, 216 (74-69-73)
- Stoney Crouch also finished in the top-15 in the event with a +4, 220 (77-70-73) to tie for 14th.
- Hunter Howell finished just one stroke back of Crouch to tie for 17th with a +5, 221 (74-71-76).
- Eric Ansett matched Howell with a final round 76 to finish with a +10, 226 (70-80-76) to tie for 41st.
- Mikey Feher rounded out the competitors for Lipscomb with a +13, 229 (74-75-80) to tie for 55th.
- Ole Miss’ Braden Thornberry claimed medalist honors with a -7, 209 (71-69-69).
- The Old Waverly Collegiate was the final regular-season contest of 2015-16 for the Bisons.
Up next: The Bisons head to Braselton, Georgia April 17-19 for the Atlantic Sun Conference Championships hosted at the Chateau Elan Golf Course.