BRASELTON, Ga. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened the 2016 Atlantic Sun Conference championship in second place on Sunday after the first 18 holes at Chateau Elan in Braselton, Georgia.
The Bisons finished the day with a +1, 289 to sit six strokes behind leader Kennesaw State, who finished the day with a -5, 283.
- Lipscomb was led by Stoney Crouch, who sank four birdies en route to a -2, 70 that finds him tied for second and just one shot off the lead.
- Eric Ansett also finds himself in the top-10 after the first day of action tied for sixth after carding a -1, 71.
- Hunter Howell sits just two shots behind Ansett with a +1, 73 in a tie for 12th.
- Dawson Armstrong carded a +3, 75 on Sunday to sit tied for 20th heading into Monday.
- Mikey Feher rounded out the competition for the Bisons with a +5, 77 in a tie for 23rd.
- Lipscomb led the field on Monday with 61 pars on the Legends Course.
- Kennesaw State’s Wyatt Larkin sits atop the leaderboard with a -3, 69.
- The Bisons hold a slim, one-stroke advantage over North Florida in third place.
- The second round of the 54-hole event is slated to get underway at 9 a.m. on Monday morning for the Purple and Gold.
- Live scoring for the event will be available at http://www.golfstat.com