BRASELTON, Ga. – The back nine of the Chateau Elan Legends Course wreaked havoc for the Lipscomb men’s golf team in the 2016 Atlantic Sun Conference Championship on Monday in Braselton, Georgia as the Purple and Gold finished the day in fourth place.
Entering the day in second place behind Kennesaw State, the Bisons pulled to within two strokes of the lead during the late morning but a tough final nine holes saw Lipscomb drop eight strokes to finish the day with a +11, 299. That gives the squad a two-day score of +12, 588 (289-299) heading into the final round of action on Tuesday. Kennesaw State heads into the final 18 holes with a -2, 574 (283-291).
- Dawson Armstrong was the lone bright spot down the stretch on Monday as he collected a trio of birdies in his final nine holes to finish the day with a -3, 69 that matched the low round of the tournament so far. Armstrong sits in a six-way tie for third with an even-par, 144 (75-69) and is three strokes back of the leader.
- Hunter Howell sits three strokes back of Armstrong with a +3, 147 (73-74) in a tie for 15th.
- Stoney Crouch is in 20th after 36 holes with a +4, 148 (70-78).
- Eric Ansett follows Crouch by just one stroke with a +5, 149 (71-78) in a tie for 21st.
- Mikey Feher rounds out the competition for the Bisons in a tie for 28th with a +13, 157 (77-80).
- North Florida’s Andrew Alligood sits atop the leaderboard with 18 holes to go with a -3, 141 (72-69).
- Live scoring for the final round will be available at http://www.GolfStat.com