TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team is set to open play in the 2016 Tuscaloosa NCAA Men’s Golf Regional on Monday at the Ol’ Colony Golf Complex in Tuscaloosa.
The 54-hole event runs Monday-Wednesday and is slated to get underway for the Bisons at 8:55 a.m. on Monday as Lipscomb maakes its first NCAA tournament appearance in school history.
- Eric Ansett, Dawson Armstrong, Stoney Crouch, Mikey Feher and Hunter Howell will compete for the Bisons.
- Armstrong returns to postseason NCAA play for the second-straight season after finishing as the individual runner-up in 2015 at the Chapel Hill Regional where he narrowly missed advancing to the National Championship.
- The Bisons (9) will go up against No. 3 Georgia (1), No. 12 Auburn (2), No. 14 South Carolina (3), host No. 13 Alabama (4), UNLV (5), Kentucky (6), Kansas (7), Charleston (8), Charleston Southern (10), Colorado (11), Harvard (12) and Southern Illinois (14).
- Lipscomb will be paired with Kansas and Charleston for the first 18 holes of competition on Monday.
- The top five teams from each of the six regional sites will advance to the NCAA Men’s Golf National Championship hosted by the University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon on May 27-June 1.
- A Jerry Pate designed course, Ol’ Colony will play a par-72 at 7,154 yards.
- Admission is free to the public.
- Live scoring will be available at http://www.golfstat.com