TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team got off to a good start on Monday in the opening round of the 2016 Tuscaloosa NCAA Men’s Golf regional but were unable to keep up the pace on the back nine and finished the day in ninth place at the Ol’ Colony Golf Complex in Tuscaloosa.
Before the turn, the Bisons found themselves battling for the lead in the 13-team event. Things then unraveled in the final nine holes including the disastrous 13th hole that saw three bogeys, a double bogey and a triple bogey amongst the five competitors for Lipscomb. The purple and gold fired a first-round +14, 302 and sit 18 strokes back of No. 5 Georgia with 36 holes to play.
- Dawson Armstrong led the way on Monday with a -1, 71 to end the day tied for ninth.
- Stoney Crouch finished four strokes back of Armstrong with a +3, 72 in a tie for 32nd.
- After an even-par first nine, Eric Ansett ended the day six-over in a tie for 48th alongside teammate Hunter Howell, who also carded a +6.
- Mikey Feher rounded out the competitors for the Bisons with a +9, 81 in a tie for 66th.
- Georgia’s Grayson Sigg and Zach Healy sit atop the leaderboard alongside Colorado’s Jeremy Paul after the trio carded -4, 68’s to open play in the regional.
- The second round of action for the Bisons will get underway at 8 a.m. from hole 10. Lipscomb will be paired with Colorado and the College of Charleston.
- Live scoring will be available at http://www.golfstat.com