TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Greens proved to be an issue again on Tuesday for the Lipscomb men’s golf team in the 2016 NCAA Tuscaloosa Regional as the team finished the day tied for eighth with Colorado at the Ol’ Colony Golf Complex in Tuscaloosa.
“It’s one of those weeks unfortunately that we are not hitting on all cylinders,” said Lipscomb director of golf Will Brewer. “When we do, I’m confident we can compete in this top five. We have to putt well and make good decisions. For the most part we’ve made good decisions, it’s just been a couple of shots here and there and not making the putts that we typically would.”
The Bisons finished the day with a 300 to put the squad at +26 heading into the final day of the 54-hole event on Wednesday. No. 17 South Carolina gave No. 5 Georgia a run during the day but the Bulldogs pulled back out in front at the end of the day as both squads posted -6, 282’s. Georgia goes into Wednesday with a -10, 566.
“It’s been frustrating the last two days,” said Brewer. “We’ve had a lot of good shots but haven’t made many good putts.”
- Hunter Howell led the way on Tuesday with a +1, 73 behind a team best three birdies. Howell finished the day with a +7, 151 (78-73) in a tie for 38th.
- Dawson Armstrong and Stoney Crouch both carded +3, 75’s on Tuesday. Armstrong ended the afternoon tied for 20th behind a +2, 146 (71-75), while Crouch heads into Wednesday tied for 38th with a +6 150 (75-75).
- Mikey Feher rounded out squad with a +10, 82 giving him a 163 (81-82) for the event.
- Kentucky’s Tyler McDaniel surged up the leaderboard on Tuesday with a 67 to end the day tied with Georgia’s Greyson Sigg and Zach Healy at five-under.
- The Bisons will be paired with UNLV and Colorado on Wednesday with tee time set for 7:30 a.m.
- Live scoring will be available at http://www.golfstat.com