Men's golf ends day one atop leaderboard at Bridgestone Match Play
BRASELTON, Ga. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened the 2016 Bridgestone Match Play with two solid rounds of stroke play on Monday to lead the event after 36 holes at the Chateau Elan Legends Course in Braselton, Georgia.
- The Bisons used a -4, 572 (290-282) to head into Tuesday’s match play action as the top seed.
- Dawson Armstrong led Lipscomb with a -2, 142 (73-69) to finish stroke play in second behind Jacksonville’s Ryan Jahn, who carded a -4, 140 (70-70).
- Eric Ansett finished just one stroke behind Armstrong with a -1, 143 (70-73) in a tie for third.
- Stoney Crouch and Hunter Howell tied for eighth after carding +2, 146’s.
- Jake Dines finished just outside the top-10 in a tie for 11th after firing the low round of the day in the final 18 holes of the day. Dines rattled off seven birdies in his final round for a 68 that gave him a +4, 148 for the day.
- Jacksonville finished second on the day four strokes behind Lipscomb.
- The Bisons will take on fourth-seeded USC Upstate on Tuesday beginning at 7:18 a.m. in the Peach State.
- Live scoring will be available at: http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=12167