Strong second round puts men's golf in contention at Memphis Intercollegiate
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s golf team opened the Memphis Intercollegiate with a strong showing on Monday ending the day one stroke behind leader Central Arkansas at the Colonial Country Club in Memphis, Tennessee.
- The Bisons opened the day with a +21, 309 before soaring up the leaderboard in the second round behind a +4, 292, the best round of the day for any squad. The Purple and Gold head into Tuesday’s final round with a +25, 601 (309-292).
- The strong showing was led by junior Dawson Armstrong, who sits in second place at even par and one stroke behind Central Arkansas’ Alvaro Carol Estrems. Armstrong opened the day with a +1, 73 before carding a -1, 71 in the final 18 holes.
- Eric Ansett opened the event with a +6, 78 before responding with a +1, 73 to end the day with a +7, 151 in a tie for 14th.
- Hunter Howell sits just one stroke behind Ansett in a tie for 16th with a +8, 152 (79-73).
- Stoney Crouch finds himself tied for 22nd after the first 36 holes after posting a +10, 154 (79-75).
- Jake Dines rounded out the competitors for the Bisons with a +15, 159 (81-78) in a tie for 56th.
- The Bisons will get underway at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday from the Bluff City in the final round of action.
- Live scoring will be available at: https://www.birdiefire.com/tournament/29141/