BURLINGTON, Iowa – The Lipscomb men’s golf team used a solid second round to move up two spots on Saturday at the Golfweek Conference Challenge at the Spirit Hollow Golf Course in Burlington, Iowa.
Paced by a -7, 65 from junior Dawson Armstrong, the Bisons head into the final 18 holes on Sunday with a -6, 570 in a tie with Texas A&M for third. Lipscomb trails leader Kansas by seven strokes.
- The reigning ASUN Golfer of the Week, Armstrong soared up the leaderboard from 38th to a tie for fourth behind eight birdies and an eagle on the second hole.
- Eric Ansett sits tied with Armstrong in fourth after shooting a -1, 71 to give him a -4, 140 (69-71).
- Stoney Crouch and Hunter Howell are both tied for 20th at +1 as the duo carded rounds of 73 and 72, respectively.
- Mikey Feher is tied for 44th with a +8, 152 (76-76).
- Daniel Sutton from Kansas leads the field with a -6, 138 (69-69).
- The Bisons will get the final round underway on Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
- Live Scoring is available at: http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=11159