BURLINGTON, Iowa – The Lipscomb men’s golf team wrapped up play in the Golfweek Conference Challenge on Sunday with a fifth-place finish at the Spirit Hollow Golf Course in Burlington, Iowa.
"We responded well after a disappointing loss at Memphis," said Lipscomb director of golf Will Brewer. "We struck the ball well the first two rounds but we just weren't quite firing on all cylinders today. Some days are just that way. You don't have everything on your fastball every day."
The Bisons finished the event with a +3, 867 (289-281-297).
- The reigning ASUN Golfer of the Week, Dawson Armstrong finished the event tied for sixth with a -3, 213 (75-65-73).
- Eric Ansett finished one stroke back of Armstrong in a tie for 8th behind a -2, 214 (69-71-74).
- Stoney Crouch climbed two spots up the leaderboard on Sunday to tie for 18th with a +2, 218 (72-73-73).
- Hunter Howell posted a 33rd place finish with a +6, (73-72-77) ahead of Mikey Feher, who ended the event in 53rd with a +15, 231 (76-76-79).
- Kansas claimed the tournament crown by 13 strokes over Texas A&M behind a -18, 846 (287-276-283).
- Kansas’ Chase Hanna and Texas A&M’s Chandler Phillips tied for medalist honors as each posted -5, 67’s on Sunday to finish the event at -10.